When you’re looking for an easy dessert that doesn’t require any baking and very little prep time, this Polish yogurt cake is just perfect! Mix in 15 minutes and refrigerate for a few hours to get a tasty slice of cool placek jogurtowy.
What Is The Polish Placek Jogurtowy?
Placek jogurtowy, sometimes called ciasto jogurtowy is a delicious Polish no-bake yogurt cake. Easy to make in 15 minutes, all it requires is a few hours of resting. This cake is different from the other placek jogurtowy which is made with yogurt and flour. When you need a quick dessert for dinner or a pot luck this Polish yogurt cake is perfect!
How To Make The No-Bake Polish Yogurt Cake Recipe
Dissolve the orange, red and green jelly mixes with hot water in 3 different bowls. In the 4th bowl, dissolve the yellow jelly mix using only half of the water stated on the packet.
Allow the orange, red, and green jellies to cool and then dice them into cubes.
Dissolve the gelatin in cold water.
Beat the yogurt and sugar in a bowl. Add the gelatin and the semi-set yellow jelly to it and beat again.
Line a round pan with parchment paper and pour the yogurt-jelly-gelatin mixture into it. Throw the diced jelly into it and allow to set in the refrigerator. Cut into slices and serve!
Tips For Making The Best No-Bake Polish Yogurt Cake Recipe
- You can use other colors of jelly mixes if you prefer.
- This tasty dessert becomes richer if the mascarpone is added.
- You can make it a day ahead and store it in the refrigerator!
- If making for a dinner party, you can add the yogurt cake to mini serving bowls.
- Best served cold!
FAQs About The Placek Jogurtowy – Polish Yogurt No-bake Cake
Can I Use Anything Else Instead Of Diced Jelly?
It is necessary to use the yellow jelly in the yogurt mix as that helps the placek jogurtowy to set.
The other colored jellies can be replaced with any ingredients of your choice. You can add fresh or dried fruit, crushed caramelized nuts, candied peel, chocolate chips, chocolate sauce, broken Oreo cookies, crumbled wafer biscuits, almond flakes, and really anything you fancy.
Can I Add Flavor To The Yogurt?
Yes, you can add a dash of vanilla extract or any other flavor of your choice to the yogurt while mixing it.
How Long Can The Polish No-Bake Cake Be Stored?
The Polish no-bake yogurt cake can be stored in the refrigerator for 3 to 4 days. Serve cold! Do not freeze!
What Other Polish Cakes Can I Make?
Some other popular Polish cakes include:
Polish Yogurt Cake Recipe
Polish Yogurt Cake Recipe
An easy no-bake dessert with just 15 mins prep time, all you have to do is refrigerate the tasty Polish yogurt cake or placek jogurtowy.
- 4 different jelly mixes (green, orange, red, yellow, etc.)
- 2 tbsps of gelatin
- 2 cups of Greek yogurt
- ½ cup of sugar
- 1 cup of mascarpone [optionally]
- Take 4 cups/bowls.
- Dissolve 3 jelly mixes in each bowl, following the instructions on the package.
- Dissolve the yellow jelly mix using half of the water indicated in the instruction (probably 1 cup).
- Cool the jellies. Let the first 3 jellies set completely, then dice them.
- Dissolve 2 tbsps of gelatin in 2-3 tbsps of cold water.
- In a bowl, beat the yogurt with sugar. Add mascarpone [optionally].
- Add the almost-set yellow jelly and gelatin and beat again.
- Pour the yogurt mixture into the 8'' round pan lined with parchment paper.
- Throw diced colorful jellies into the cake.
- Put into the fridge. Let the cake set.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 240Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 53mgSodium: 180mgCarbohydrates: 16gFiber: 0gSugar: 14gProtein: 7g
These data are indicative and calculated by Nutritionix
Pin For Later:
Did you like this Polish yogurt cake recipe? Let us know in the comments below!