There are some desserts that you can eat again and again, and never get bored. Traditional Polish fruit cake is one of them. Even though I’ve tried many versions, I think the one made by my mom in law is the absolute best.
Why? Because it’s soft, not too dry and not too wet. It’s super easy to make- all you need it a bowl and a spoon, you don’t even need to use any food processors to mix the ingredients.
I remember the first time I baked this Polish fruit cake (ciasto z kruszonką). It was ready to eat in the early afternoon. By the end of the evening, the entire cake was gone and my family asked me to bake one more!
What Fruits Do You Need For Polish Fruit Cake?
It’s totally up to you. The Polish crumble fruit cake will taste great with any fruits including:
If you don’t have any seasonal fruits available, you can as well use jams, confitures, or chutneys. Make sure they are not watery though, otherwise you may end up with the slack-baked cake.
Remember that the jams you use should have a solid consistency.
Can you mix the fruits for the Polish fruit cake?
You can mix anything you want, for example, plums with pears, apples with strawberries, etc.
If you don’t have enough fruits, you can add some jam to make the Polish fruit cake better.
Tips For Making Polish Crumble Fruit Cake
- The dough for Polish fruit cake is batter, so you should easily pour it into the pan.
- The best way for serving the cake is:
- warm with a scoop of ice cream and whipped cream
- cold with whipped cream or solo
- If you store the cake in the fridge, it will last longer (however, I don’t think it’s possible! you will eat it the day it’s baked ;))
- Try to use organic eggs, it will make the color of the cake more yellowish.
My Mom-In-Law Traditional Polish Fruit Cake Recipe
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup of milk
- ¾ cup of oil
- 3 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1 cup of sugar
- 4 cups of flour
- ½ cups of flour
- ½ cups of powdered sugar
- ½ cup of butter
- 1.1-1.7 pounds of fresh fruits (plums, cherries, apples, etc.)
- Wash the fruits and pit/peel them if necessary.
- Preheat the oven to 356°F.
- Oil the 9x13" cake pan or put the parchment paper inside.
- Mix all the ingredients for the dough with the spoon or mixer.
- Pour the dough into the cake pan.
- Add fruits.
- Mix all the ingredients for the crumble.
- Sprinkle the fruits with the crumble.
- Place the cake in the oven.
- Bake for an hour.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 325Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 50mgSodium: 131mgCarbohydrates: 45gFiber: 2gSugar: 20gProtein: 5g
These data are indicative and calculated by Nutritionix
Pin For Later:
Did you find this Polish fruit cake recipe helpful? Share your thoughts in comments!