Polish babka recipe is reaching the peak of its popularity during Easter time. This delicious cake is eaten all over the country and it’s loved by Poles of all ages. In this post, I want to share with you the authentic Polish babka recipe.
About Polish Easter Babka
There are 4 kinds of Polish Easter babka:
- babka piaskowa (sandy babka) – the most popular Easter babka; it’s wet and delicious
- babka marmurkowa (marble babka)- it’s almost the same as babka piaskowa; the only difference is that it has 2 colors, black and white
- babka cytrynowa – it’s basically babka piaskowa with lemon flavor
- babka drożdżowa (yeast babka) – it’s dry and made of yeast
The recipe for the first three Polish babkas are almost the same – you will find it at the end of this post.
Tips For Making Polish Bundt Cake
Don’t Take Your Babka Out From The Pan Too Quickly.
You need to wait until your Polish babka is completely cold before taking it out from the bundt pan. Otherwise, the cake may fall apart.
Don’t Forget To Decorate Your Babka
Here are the most popular things to decorate your Polish bundt cake:
- powdered sugar
- sugar glaze
- chocolate frosting
- nuts/ dried fruits
Choose The Flavor You Like
Basic Polish Babka
Follow the recipe below but skip adding the cocoa. You will get babka piaskowa.
Polish Lemon Bundt Cake
You will need 1 lemon. Squeeze the juice out of it, grate the lemon skin and add it to your babka cake.
Polish Marble Bundt Cake
This is the Polish babka recipe you can find below.
Polish Bundt Cake Babka Recipe
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 cup of all-purpose flour
- ½ of potato flour
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- 1 cup/ 225g of margarine
- 1 tbsp of cocoa
- Preheat the oven to 356°F / 180°C.
- Melt the margarine.
- Mix all the ingredients for the cake together (except for cocoa).
- Take out ⅓ of the dough and mix it with cocoa.
- Grease the bundt pan with oil, then sprinkle it with breadcrumbs.
- Alternately pour the white and brown dough into the pan.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
You can make your Polish babka all white, just don't add the cocoa.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Pin For Later:
Did you like this Polish babka piaskowa / marmurkowa Polish bundt cake recipe? Let us know in the comments below!