Jajka w majonezie is one of the dishes you can find on every traditional Polish party such as birthday, name day, wedding, or baptism party. The recipe for Polish hard-boiled eggs with mayonnaise sauce is surprisingly easy, so I am sure you will love it.
Tips For Making Jajka W Majonezie
You can make up your own mayonnaise sauce recipe.
Although the most popular way of making the mayonnaise sauce is by mixing the mayo and Greek yoghurt/sour cream, you can also add mustard, sweet pepper powder, or any other kind spices.
Some people simply thin out mayonnaise with milk and the sauce tastes just fine. It’s up to you what ingredients you will mix.
Be sure to add chopped chives though- they will not only make the dish look but also taste better!
Serve it cold.
Although Polish hard boiled eggs with mayonnaise sauce are really delicious, they need to be cold in order to taste good.
The dish can be stored in the fridge for up to 4 days, so you can prepare it one or two days before the party.
Be sure to add chives right before serving though!
What To Serve Jajka W Majonezie With?
The rule is simple- hard boiled eggs with mayonnaise sauce taste best with cold add-ons, such as:
- fresh veggies, such as cucumber or tomato
The dish also tastes great solo, without any add-ons.
Polish Hard Boiled Eggs With Mayonnaise Sauce Recipe
- 5 eggs
- 5 tbsps of mayonnaise
- 3 tbsps of Greek yoghurt/ sour cream
- 1 teaspoon of mustard
- salt, pepper
- a bunch of chives
- Boil the eggs- put them in the jar and cover with water. When it starts to boil, wait for 8-10 minutes.
- In the meantime, mix all the ingredients for the sauce together.
- Wash and chop the chives.
- Drain the eggs, and cover with the cold water.
- When the eggs are cold, peel them and cut each of them in half, lengthwise.
- Place the eggs on the deep plate, yolks down.
- Pour the sauce on top of the eggs. Sprinkle with chopped chives.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 177Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 194mgSodium: 293mgCarbohydrates: 2gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 7g
These data are indicative and calculated by Nutritionix
Pin For Later:
Did you enjoy this hard-boiled eggs with mayonnaise sauce recipe? Let us know in the comments below!