If you are looking for the perfect add-on to the dinner meat, you will love this Polish red cabbage salad recipe. It’s simple and delicious.
It takes 15 minutes to prepare, however, the salad needs to be refrigerated overnight, in order for the cabbage to become soft. Make it the day before serving.
See also my Chinese cabbage salad recipe.
What To Serve Polish Red Cabbage Salad With?
Polish red cabbage salad is a perfect addition to the dinner. Serve it with:
- mashed potaotes
- kotlety mielone
- any kind of fish
- kotlet schabowy
- Polish goulash
- any other kind of meat
- veal stew
- kluski śląskie
Polish Red Cabbage Salad Recipe
- 1 red cabbage
- 2 red onions
- 1 apple (sour)
- 1 leek (the green part)
- 1 tsp of salt
- 4 tbsps of vinegar
- ½ tsp of pepper
- 4 tbsps of oil
- 1 tbsp of mayonnaise or sour cream (optional)
- Wash and finely shred the red cabbage.
- Finely dice the red onions and add them to the shredded cabbage.
- Add the salt, pepper, and vinegar. Mix.
- Add oil and mix.
- Refrigerate overnight - it will make the cabbage softer.
- The next day, slice the leek into the thin rings. Add it to the cabbage.
- Peel and finely dice the apple. Add it to the salad.
- Add sour cream or mayonnaise (optionally).
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Pin For Later:
Did you like this Polish red cabbage salad recipe? Let us know in the comments below!