Looking for klopsy recipe? Polish meatballs are very popular, especially among kids. They are quite similar to kotlety mielone, however, there are some differences between these two dishes.
Polish klopsy are easy to make and they are really delicious. Keep on reading to get my klopsy recipe.
What’s The Difference Between Polish Klopsy And Kotelty Mielone?
Both dishes use minced meet. The main difference is not in the ingredients but in the preparation.
Kotlety mielone are breaded and fried, while klopsy are braised.
Klopsy are usually smaller than kotelty mielone. They may also be called pulpety.
What To Serve Polish Klopsy With?
Klopsiki are usually served for a dinner in Poland, that’s why the best add-ons for Polish meatballs are:
- potatoes (mashed or boiled)
- groats (buckwheat, bulgur, millet, etc.)
- rice (brown, white, basmati, etc,)
- pasta (and sauce, for example, mushroom or tomato sauce)
- salads (Polish carrot and apple salad, ogórek kiszony, mizeria, etc.)
What’s The Shape Of Polish Klopsy?
Polish meatballs may be small and round (like a table tennis ball). They may also be oblong and slightly flattened. It’s totally up to you how you will form them!
It doesn’t really matter- the taste will be the same regardless of the shape.
Polish Klopsy Recipe
- 14 oz of minced beef
- 14 oz of minced pork
- 1 bun/ kaiser roll soaked in milk
- 3 eggs
- 2 onions
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 ½ tbsp of marjoram spice
- 1 tsp of salt
- ½ tsp of black pepper powder
- 3 tbsps of breadcrumbs
- 4.5 oz of pork lard
- 2-3 tbsps of oil
- ¼ cup of water
- Peel and dice the onions. Fry them on oil for 3-5 minutes (make sure they WON'T change color to brown).
- Soak the kaiser roll with milk, then wring it out.
- Mix meat with eggs, spices, breadcrumbs, squeezed kaiser roll, and fried onion.
- Form your klopsy. You will get about 12 pieces from this portion.
- Melt the pork lard on the pan and fry your klopsy briefly on it, about 1-2 minutes each side.
- Place klopsy in the pot, cover it with ¼ cup of water.
- Cover the pot with a lid and simmer for about 10 minutes.
You may use just pork meat if you don't have beef.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Smalec - Pork Lard
- Breadcrumbs - Bułka tarta
- Rapeseed Oil - Olej Rzepakowy
- Dried Marjoram - Majeranek
- Kaiser rolls - bułki kajzerki
- Organic Garlic - Czosnek
- Yellow Conventional - Cebula
- Eggs Organic Cage-Free
- Milk - Mleko
- Ground Pork - Mięso mielone
- Ground Beef - Mielone mięso wołowe
- Stainless Pot - Garnek średni
- Nonstick Skillet Frying Pan - Patelnia
- Ground Black Pepper - Pieprz czarny
- Iodized Table Salt - Sól
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 397Total Fat: 26gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 17gCholesterol: 140mgSodium: 399mgCarbohydrates: 10gFiber: 1gSugar: 3gProtein: 29g
These data are indicative and calculated by Nutritionix
Pin For Later:
Did you like this klopsy recipe? Let us know in the comments below!