To be honest, I’ve always thought cooking veal is difficult. I knew how to make dishes with pork, chicken, or turkey but other kinds of meat just seem too unknown to me. When my baby girl started to eat solids, I decided to use my mom’s Polish veal stew recipe.
I was surprised by how easy it was to make the veal goulash. It literally took me less than 10 minutes to prepare. The dish turned out to be aromatic, the meat tender and soft.
Watch the video below to see how to make Polish veal stew, step by step.
What To Serve Polish Veal Stew With?
You can also have it with bread, groats, rice, and potatoes.
Other Polish Goulashes Recipes
If you are looking for other Polish stews recipes, check out my:
Polish Veal Stew Recipe
- 1 lb of veal
- 1 onion
- 3 garlic cloves
- 3 allspice berries
- 1 bay leave
- 3 tbsps of clarified butter
- ⅓ cup of water
- salt, pepper
- Wash and dice the meat. Coat it with salt and pepper.
- Melt the butter in the pot. Add the diced veal and fry it for about 3-5 minutes.
- Dice an onion and garlic clove.
- Add diced onion, garlic, allspice berries, a bay leave, and ⅓ cup of water to the meat. Cook slowly for one hour.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Pin For Later:
Did you like this Polish veal goulash recipe? Let us know in the comments below!