Zupa krem z białych warzyw is a Polish winter white soup that’s rich and filling. Made only with white vegetables, the slightly tart soup provides the perfect warmth for a cool winter evening.
Rich and velvety, this sour cream-based Polish winter soup is beyond delicious!
Zupa krem z białych warzyw or winter white soup as it’s called; is a traditional Polish soup made during winter with vegetables that are only white.
Apart from the stock of a traditional chicken rosol soup, the main ingredients for this soup are often white vegetables like celery roots, parsnips, parsley roots, potatoes, horse radishes, as well as cream or cheese.
Try making it at home and you’ll love it!
How To Make Zupa Krem z Białych Warzyw – Winter White Soup
Dice the celery roots, parsley roots, and potatoes and cook them in the stock till soft. After that, add the grated horseradish.
Fry the bacon slices till crispy. Spoon the soup into bowls and top with sour cream and the crispy bacon.
Tips To Make White Soup Recipe – Zupa Krem z Białych Warzyw
- Serve with croutons or toasted crunchy bread.
- You can add blue cheese to the winter soup to make it tarter.
- You could also serve with potato or sweet potato wedges.
- Want it spicier? Add some paprika powder or pepper powder!
- Top with chopped parsley, chopped basil, or chopped chives.
- Dried rosemary, sesame seeds, butter, or olive oil are great toppings!
FAQs About Making Winter White Soup Recipe [With Crispy Bacon]
What Does Zupa Krem Z białych Warzyw?
Zupa krem z białych warzyw means cream soup with white vegetables.
What Other Vegetables Can I Add To Winter White Soup?
Other vegetables that you can add to the Polish winter white soup are creamy potatoes, Jerusalem artichokes, cauliflower, farmer’s cheese or feta cheese, onions, sweet potatoes, and more. Rarer recipes also add garlic or pears to the soup.
What If I Can’t Find Fresh Vegetables For The Soup?
You can use frozen vegetables in place of any fresh vegetables that you can’t find.
What Can I Use Instead Of Bacon?
Instead of bacon you can add chopped and fried kielbasa sausages, boiled and diced chicken, or boiled and diced turkey pieces.
What Are The Other Dishes Made With Chicken Rosol Stock?
Other dishes made with chicken rosol stock are:
Is It Possible To Make The White Winter Soup Vegan?
Yes, to make the white winter soup vegan, replace these items:
- replace sour cream with coconut cream
- replace the chicken stock with veg stock
- replace fried bacon with fried cauliflower or fried zucchini
How To Store The Winter White Soup?
Store the winter white soup in the refrigerator for 3 to 4 days. Reheat before serving.
Winter White Soup Recipe [With Crispy Bacon]
- 1 celery root
- 2 parsley roots / parsnips
- 2 potatoes
- 1 leek (the white part)
- 8 cups of broth/stock
- 1 tbsp of grated horseradish
- salt, pepper
- 7 oz (200g) if sliced bacon
- sour cream to serve
- Use ready-to-use stock or cook rosól using this recipe.
- Peel and dice a celery root, parsley roots, and potatoes.
- Cook them in the stock until soft.
- Add grated horseradish.
- Blend the soup to get the smooth consistency.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Fry the bacon slices until they get crispy.
- Serve soup hot with crispy bacon and a spoonful of sour cream.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 158Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 14mgSodium: 491mgCarbohydrates: 18gFiber: 2gSugar: 4gProtein: 9g
These data are indicative and calculated by Nutritionix
Pin For Later:
Did you like this Polish winter white soup recipe? Let us know in the comments below!