Is it boiling hot in your area right now? The heat wave has come to Poland quite unexpectedly. To be honest, cooking is the last thing I am thinking about these days. My family must eat something though, that’s why chłodniki (cold soups) are the best solutions right now. In this post, I am giving you my easy Polish cold tomato soup recipe.
It’s quick to make, delicious, and what’s most important to me, you don’t need to cook it at all! Can you imagine better summer dinner food?
About Polish Cold Tomato Soup
Polish cold tomato soup is pretty similar to the famous Spanish gazpacho. You are using fewer ingredients though.
Obviously, to make chłodnik pomidorowy taste more Polish, you need to add dill pickle (ogórek kiszony) to it!
Polish cold tomato soup is a summer dish. You can make it from homemade tomato juice or use fresh, juicy, ripe tomatoes that need to be blended.
Chłodnik is the name of cold soup in Polish. There are many other chłodniki that Poles love including:
- chłodnik litewski (the most popular, make do beetroots)
- chłodnik ogórkowy (Polish cold cucumber soup)
- chłodnik paprykowy (Polish cold bell pepper soup)
- chłodnik z nowalijek (made of different kinds of fresh veggies)
- chłodnik owocowy (fruit cold soup), you can make it from
- wild berries
- any other fruits
What To Serve Polish Cold Tomato Soup With?
Chłodnik pomidorowy can be eaten solo. You can also have it with:
- feta/ mozarella cheese
- boiled potatoes
- fresh veggies such as radish, avocado, cucumber, bell pepper, etc.
- fresh herbs (dill, basil, parsley, etc.)
- boiled eggs
Tips For Making And Serving Polish Cold Tomato Soup
Use Kefir or Maślanka Instead Of Sour Cream.
Polish cold tomato soup will taste great with maślanka or kefir. Add as much as you want – 2 tablespoons probably won’t be enough.
The Taste Of The Soup Depends On The Tomatoes.
It’s really important that you use good tomatoes. They need to be red, ripe, and juicy, otherwise, the soup will tastes dull.
Chłodnik Pomidorowy Polish Cold Tomato Soup Recipe
- 2 lbs (1kg) of fresh tomatoes or 2 cups of tomato juice
- 3 pcs of Polish dill pickles (ogórek kiszony)
- 1 onion
- 2 tbsps of sour cream
- salt, pepper
- If you are using tomato juice, skip to the step 3.
- Wash, peel, and core the tomatoes. Blend them to get the smooth juice.
- Add the sour cream to tomato juice.
- Peel and dice an onion. If you don't want the dish to be too spicy, scald the onion with boiling hot water.
- Dice the dill pickles.
- Add the diced onion and dill pickles to tomato juice.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve solo or with your favorite add-ons.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 37Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 2mgSodium: 334mgCarbohydrates: 7gFiber: 1gSugar: 4gProtein: 1g
These data are indicative and calculated by Nutritionix
Pin For Later:
Did you like this chłodnik pomidorowy Polish cold tomato soup recipe? Let us know in the comments below!