This Polish Cauliflower Salad Recipe is a meal in itself. Easy to make in a short while, the sałatka z kalafiorem perfect for breakfast or supper!
Cool refreshing salads are a big part of the Polish diet. We have so many. Just like the carrot salad, leek salad, salatka jarzynowa, and many others, this Polish cauliflower salad is also ‘cool and refreshing.’
Made in a matter of minutes and refrigerated for a bit, the salatka z kalafiorem is also a complete meal. You don’t have to think of what to make to serve it with. You can just eat it as it is, or serve it with some crunchy bread or fried Polish kielbasa sausage
So Polish Cauliflower Salad Recipe is perfect for brunch or a quick dinner!
How To Make The Polish Cauliflower Salad Recipe
Making this easy Polish cauliflower salad takes less than half an hour. All you have to do is cut the cauliflower florets and cook them. Do the same with the pasta.
Next, peel a cucumber and dice fine. Boil the eggs and dice. Chop the dill finely. Mix everything together and season with pepper and salt. Add some canned corn if you want it sweeter and richer.
This cold cauliflower salad is a proper meal. You can make it for breakfast or supper with the family.
Tips For Making The Best Cold Cauliflower Salad
- If your kids are fussy eaters, you can dice the cauliflower florets finer.
- Serve the cauliflower solo or with a side of crunchy bread or Polish kielbasa sausage.
- If you want something more interesting, fry the cauliflower in butter before use!
- Here’s something even more different. I add the salad in a sliced bagel and serve! This is perfect for outdoor or picnic lunches.
- Top the cauliflower salad with some chopped parsley, chives, canned corn, or olive oil before serving!
FAQs About This Polish Cauliflower Salad Recipe
What Other Ingredients Can I Add To This Cauliflower Salad?
Other ingredients you can add to this salad include:
- Diced bell peppers
- Add a pinch of chili powder for some spiciness
- Chopped onion for zing
- Sliced olives for a tangy taste
You could also replace the diced cucumber with finely chopped dill pickles.
Is It Possible To Make The Polish Cauliflower Salad Vegan?
Can I Make This Polish Cauliflower Salad Without Mayo?
If you wish to prepare this salad without mayo, replace it with a rich sour cream. However, it tastes better with mayo.
Can I Prepare The Cauliflower And Mayo Salad in Advance?
Yes, you can make the cauliflower salad up to 24 hours in advance. Store in the refrigerator till ready to serve!
How Long Can I Store leftover Salatka Z Kalafiorem?
Leftover salatka z kalafiorem can be moved to an airtight container and stored in the refrigerator for 4 to 5 days. Always serve this salad cold!
Polish Cauliflower Salad Recipe
- 3 cauliflowers
- 1 big cucumber
- ½ cup of small-sized uncooked pasta
- a bunch of fresh dill
- 2 hard-boiled eggs
- 3 tbsps of mayonnaise
- salt, pepper
- Cut out the cauliflower florets and cook them al-dente.
- Cook the pasta, following the instructions on the package.
- Peel and finely dice the cucumber.
- Wash and finely chop the dill.
- Cook, peel, and dice the eggs.
- Mix all the ingredients together. Season with salt and pepper.
- To make this salad richer, add 3 tbsps of canned corn.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 201Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 65mgSodium: 206mgCarbohydrates: 25gFiber: 7gSugar: 7gProtein: 10g
These data are indicative and calculated by Nutritionix
Pin For Later:
Did you like this Polish cauliflower salad recipe? Let us know in the comments below!