This polish burger recipe made with ground beef, pickles, cheese, and veggies is simply delicious! Easy to make in less than 30 minutes, it’s the perfect meal for a family TV dinner.
Everyone loves burgers! We Poles are no exception. We’ve taken the hearty burgers and made them Polish by replacing traditional pickles with our very own ogorki kiszone – dill pickles.
Of course, these hamburgers are different from the traditional Polish burgers called klopsy or kotlety mielone and are often eaten with mizeria or kapusta. Our Polish meat patties are similar but are not breaded.
They’re easy to make and are perfect for meal prep. You can cook them a few days in advance and refrigerate. All you need to do is heat the patties and assemble the burger on the day you’re eating them!
How To Make This Polish Hamburger Recipe
Step I – Prepare The Polish Hamburger Patties
Mix a diced onion, egg, spices, and ground beef for about 5 minutes. Form them into 4 patties. Since they’ll shrink while frying, they should be slightly larger than the rolls when formed.
Fry the Polish meat patties on both sides with oil.
Step II – Bake The Hamburger Buns
Our homemade Polish burger recipe involves adding a bit more flavor to the buns. Start by preheating the oven and cutting the buns in half.
Mix the crushed garlic with butter and spread it on the lower half of the buns. Sprinkle the grated cheese on the upper halves.
Place both the tops and the bottoms on a pre-lined baking tray and heat for about 10 minutes.
Step III – Assemble The Polish Style Hamburgers
Form the burgers by starting with the lower part of the bun and then placing the ingredients in the following order.
First the patty, then a slice of cheese, lettuce spread with mayo, sliced pickles, tomatoes, and onions, then ketchup, and finally the cheese-covered top part of the bun.
Serve with sauce or on its own!
Tips For Making The Best Polish Hamburger Recipe
- You can mix two different types of grated cheese on top of the burger buns.
- You can add homemade dill pickles to the burgers.
- If you prefer, you can use a mix of beef and pork meat.
- Make mini patties and use mini-burger buns if serving as a snack.
- Add paprika powder to the burgers if you want them a bit spicy.
- Serve with mustard, mayo, or even dill sauce!
FAQS About Making Polish Style Hamburgers
I Want To Make More Burgers. How Do I Know How Much To Make?
You can consider about 100 grams of ground beef for each Polish hamburger patties. So for 6 burgers, make 1.5 times this recipe, for 8 burgers, make 2 times this recipe, and so on.
Do I Have To Use Ground Beef?
No, you don’t have to use ground beef. You can use other Polish meat patties too. Replace the ground beef with klupskies or kotlety mielone.
What Other Fillings Can I Add To The Burger?
Which Burger Buns Should I Use?
Is It Possible To Make This Recipe Vegan?
Everything’s possible! It will not taste the same as the Polish hamburgers, but to make this recipe vegan, make these substitutions.
- Replace the burger patties with plant-based patties
- Cheese can be replaced by vegan cheese
- Replace the mayo with vegan mayo
- Replace the mustard with vegan mustard
- Butter can be replaced by vegan butter
How To Store These Polish Hamburgers?
It’s best to make the Polish hamburgers and eat them fresh immediately.
If you wish you can prepare the patties in advance and refrigerate until you need them. The cooked patties can be stored in the fridge for 3 to 4 days or in the freezer for 3 to 4 months. Reheat before you assemble the burgers.
Polish Hamburger Recipe
Polish Burger Patties
- 14 oz (400g) of ground beef
- 1 small onion
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp of salt
- 1 tsp of mustard
- ¼ tsp of ground black pepper
- 4 buns/ rolls
- 1 tomato
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 1 small onion
- 4 slices of cheese + 4 tbsps of grated cheese
- 4 pickles
- mayonnaise / any kind of sauce
- 2 tbsps of butter
- 1 garlic clove
How To Make Polish Burger Patties?
- Peel and dice an onion.
- Using your hand, mix it with beef, egg, and spices for about 5 minutes.
- Form 4 patties a bit bigger than the size of your rolls (the patties will shrink while frying).
- Fry the patties on a hot pan with a bit of oil, 2-5 minutes on each side.
How To Prepare the Polish Hamburger Buns?
- Preheat the oven to 300°F (150°C).
- Mix the butter with crushed garlic clove.
- Cut the buns in half. Spread the lower parts of the buns with garlic butter.
- Sprinkle the upper parts of buns with grated cheese.
- Place the buns on a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for about 10 minutes.
How To Form The Polish Burgers?
- Form burgers in the following order:
the lower part of the bun
a slice of cheese
lettuce spread with mayo
the upper part of the bun.
- Serve warm solo or with your favorite sauce.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 463Total Fat: 28gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 125mgSodium: 1926mgCarbohydrates: 24gFiber: 2gSugar: 6gProtein: 29g
These data are indicative and calculated by Nutritionix
Pin For Later:
Did you like this Polish hamburger recipe? Let us know in the comments below!