Polish carrot and apple salad recipe is one of the most frequently used in Poland. Surówka z jabłka i marchewki is one of the most popular side dishes in Poland. No wonder why! The salad is quick and easy to make, and what’s the most important- both kids and adults love it!
In Polish, there are two words for “salad”:
- sałatka (a dish that you can have with bread, for example sałatka jarzynowa or sałatka śledziowa)
- surówka (a side dish that you can have with your dinner)
Polish apple and carrot salad (surówka z jabłka i marchewki) is the second type of salad. You should have it as an add-on with the main course.
What To Serve Polish Apple And Carrot Salad With?
Here are some of the most popular dishes to serve with surówka z marchewki i jabłka:
- kotlet schabowy (pork cutlet)
- mielony (ground pork cutlet)
- kopytka (Polish gnocchi)
- klopsy (Polish meatballs)
- Polish goulash
- egg cutlets
- potatoes/ groats/rice
Tips For Making Polish Carrot Apple Salad
Make It Spicy If You Like.
This is the basic Polish carrot and apple salad recipe. However, you can also make it another way.
Some people make this salad with carrots only because they don’t like the sweetness of an apple in their surówka.
Serve It Fresh.
Surówka z marchwi i jabłka taste best when served fresh. Of course, you can have it the next day but it won’t look and taste that well.
Polish Carrot And Apple Salad Recipe
- 1 big carrot (or 2 small carrots)
- 2 apples
- 2 tbsps of fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp of oil
- a pinch of salt
- a pinch os sugar
- Peel and grate the carrots.
- Peel and core the apples, then grate them.
- Add lemon juice, sugar, salt, oil, and mix.
- Serve fresh!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 84Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 41mgCarbohydrates: 14gFiber: 3gSugar: 10gProtein: 0g
These data are indicative and calculated by Nutritionix
Pin For Later:
Did you like this Polish apple and carrot salad recipe? Let us know in the comments below!