Placki z kaszy gryczanej are savory Polish buckwheat pancakes made with veggies and eggs. Nutty and tasty they’re perfect as a snack or meal with other dishes.
What Are Placki Z Kaszy Gryczanej?
Placki z kaszy gryczanej are traditional Polish pancakes made with buckwheat groats. Darker in color than regular pancakes, they’re healthier and have more fiber than pancakes made with all-purpose flour.
Good for breakfast or even as snacks, you can add them to the lunch box with ketchup or jam. Buckwheat pancakes are also great with meaty dishes for lunch or dinner!
What Other Polish Pancakes Can I Make?
Other popular Polish pancakes you can try include:
- Placki Ziemniaczane – Potato Pancakes
- Krokiety Ruskie – Fried Pancakes with Cottage Cheese
- Fuczki – Polish Sauerkraut Pancakes
- Racuhy – Apple Pancakes
How To Make Savoury Buckwheat Pancakes
First, cook the buckwheat till it’s soft.
Peel the courgette and carrot, then grate them and squeeze them to drain all the water. Dice onion and crush some garlic cloves.
Mix the buckwheat, carrots, courgettes, onion, and garlic cloves with salt and pepper.
Heat oil in a pan and fry spoon-sized pieces on both sides till golden brown. Drain the excess oil on paper towels before serving the pancakes with sour cream!
Tips For Savoury Polish Buckwheat Pancakes
- The pancakes can be made gluten-free by replacing all-purpose flour with gluten-free flour or potato flour.
- Add pieces of fried bacon if you want it meaty.
- Fry in pork lard to make more tasty pancakes.
- Serve as snacks with jam to younger kids.
- Serve with sour cream or chopped chives.
FAQs About Making Placki Z Kaszy Gryczanej
What Other Ingredients Can I Add To The Buckwheat Pancakes?
You can also add farmer’s cheese or parmesan cheese to the buckwheat pancakes if you want them softer. You can also grate and add any other stale veggies to the pancake.
WhatTo Serve With The Buckwheat Pancakes?
Serve the buckwheat pancakes on their own. You can also serve them with sour cream or ketchup.
If you want to eat buckwheat pancakes as a meal serve them with grilled fish, goulash, coleslaw, mushroom sauce, or fried quail eggs.
What’s The Difference Between Buckwheat Pancakes And Regular Pancakes?
Buckwheat pancakes are darker in color than regular pancakes. They’re nuttier in taste and healthier too!
What Is The Difference Between Bliny And Placki Z Kaszy Gryczanej?
Placki Z Kaszy Gryczanej are Polish pancakes made with cooked buckwheat groats. On the other hand, bliny are Russian pancakes made with buckwheat flour.
The Polish pancakes are small and thick while the Russian pancakes are large and thin like crepes.
How To Store Placki Z Kaszy Gryczanej?
Store the placki z kaszy gryczanej in the refrigerator for 4 to 5 days. Reheat before serving.
Savoury Buckwheat Pancakes Recipe [Placki Z Kaszy Gryczanej]
Savoury Buckwheat Pancakes Recipe (Placki Z Kaszy Gryczanej)
Placki z kaszy gryczanej are savory Polish buckwheat pancakes made with veggies and eggs. Nutty and tasty they're perfect as a snack or meal with other dishes.
- 1 cup of buckwheat
- 1 courgette
- 1 small carrot
- 1 big onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 eggs
- 3 tbsps of all-purpose flour
- oil to fry
- Cook buckwheat until soft.
- Peel and grate courgette and carrot.
- Squeeze grated veggies to remove the excessive water.
- Peel and dice an onion.
- Crush garlic cloves.
- Mix all the ingredients and season with salt and pepper.
- Using the spoon, place the small pieces of the dough on the hot pan with oil. Fry for 3 minutes on each side (buckwheat pancakes need to be golden).
- Place the buckwheat pancakes briefly on a plate lined with paper towels to drain off excess fat.
- Serve solo or with sour cream.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 81Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 31mgSodium: 84mgCarbohydrates: 10gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 2g
These data are indicative and calculated by Nutritionix
Pin For Later:
Did you like this savoury buckwheat pancakes recipe? Let us know in the comments below!