Among all the Polish food, there is one that is loved by people of all ages. From toddlers to teenagers and adults- everybody thinks racuchy are delicious.
A super easy to make Polish apple pancakes are fluffy, soft, and sweet. They are also very cheap- all you need to do them is some flour, eggs, sugar, apples, and yeast.
Tips For Making Racuchy
You can use fresh yeast.
If you don’t have instant dry yeast, you can use the fresh ones instead. You will need 3 times more fresh yeast, which means 3 tablespoons (0,75 oz).
Use hard, sour apples.
They will taste best with the dough.
Don’t skip the sugar in the dough
It’s necessary for the yeast to dissolve. Remember that the milk needs to be warm, otherwise, the dough will not grow!
Polish Racuchy Recipe
- 2½ cups of flour
- 1 flat tbsp of dry yeast (one packet)
- 3 tbsp of sugar
- 1 cup of warm (not hot, not cold) milk
- 3 eggs
- 2 big apples
- Take a big bowl (the dough will grow) and mix all the ingredients together. Don't add apples!
Mix the dough carefully by hands, for at least 4 minutes.
- Place the dough in a warm place, cover the bowl with the clean cloth and leave for an hour.
- Peel and core the apples, cut them into small pieces (about 2'' wide and long).
- After an hour, add apples to the dough and mix carefully.
- Fry racuchy on the pan with oil, about 3 minutes each side. Apply them with a spoon.
- When they are ready, sprinkle them with powdered sugar. Eat fresh.
Pin For Later:
Did you enjoy this Polish apple pancakes racuchy recipe? Share your thoughts in comments!