Another traditional Polish recipe made from rosół leftovers, this chicken spread tastes perfect on toasted bread! Eat it as a snack or side dish!
What is Rosol? Rosol is a Polish noodle soup made with a clear chicken or meat-based broth and served with fine noodles called makaron nitki.
On the other hand, one of my favorite ways of making use of the leftover cooked chicken is by using it in this easy-to-make chicken spread.
Also called pasta z kurczaka z rosolu or pasta na kanapki z miesa z rosolu, this chicken spread can be used as a bread spread or in canapes.
How To Make This Easy Polish Chicken Spread – Pasta z Kurczaka z Rosolu
Start by cooking the chicken meat and then blending it in a food processor. If you already have leftover chicken from a rosol, use that instead.
Dice the dill pickles and onions and mix with the chicken meat. Season with salt and pepper and serve with fresh veggies of your choice.
Tips For Making The Best Polish Chicken Spread For Bread
- You can use leftover rosol chicken meat for this recipe!
- Add a teaspoon of honey if you want a sweeter spread.
- Use this recipe to make the dill pickles. Or if you’re in a hurry, you can use store-bought dill pickles.
- You can sprinkle with olive oil before serving!
- Serve with chopped leeks or radishes or roasted veggies such as carrots!
FAQs About Making Polish Chicken Spread For Bread
Which Part Of The Chicken Should I Use For The Meat?
You can debone use meat from any part of the chicken. Discard the skin.
How To Serve The Pasta z Kurczaka z Rosolu?
Serve the pasta z kurczaka z rosolu in one of the following methods:
- As a spread on buttered toast
- As a spread in sandwiches
- In canapes or party cups
- As a side for macaroni or pasta
- Wrap it in a tortilla or lettuce leaf and eat as a roll
Is It Possible To Make This Chicken Spread Richer?
What Else Can I Add To The Polish Chicken Spread?
You can add almost anything to the Polish chicken paste when using it as a spread. Some options are:
- blended chickpeas
- chopped carrots or bell peppers
- paprika powder or garlic powder
- hot sauce
- lemon juice
- dried tomatoes
- oregano, thyme, parsley, or other herbs
Can I Make This Spread With Other Meats?
Yes, you can use turkey or fish meat to make this spread.
How To Store The Polish Chicken Spread?
Transfer the Polish chicken spread to an airtight container and store it in the refrigerator for up to a week. Alternatively, store in the freezer and thaw overnight before serving.
Polish Chicken Spread For Bread Recipe
- 2 chicken legs or any other part of chicken
- 1 onion
- 2 dill pickles (ogórki kiszone)
- 1 tbsp of mayonnaise
- ½ tsp of mustard
- salt, pepper
- Cook chicken meat, then blend it. Leftover rosół chicken meat will work perfectly for this recipe.
- Peel and dice an onion.
- Dice dill pickles.
- Mix everything together.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve with fresh veggies, for example, chopped chives and radish.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 161Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 93mgSodium: 229mgCarbohydrates: 2gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 18g
These data are indicative and calculated by Nutritionix
Pin For Later:
Did you like this Polish chicken spread for bread recipe? Let us know in the comments below!