The summer is almost here! When it’s so hot outside, even Poles (who love meat) prefer to cook light meals. If you are looking for a quick and healthy dinner idea, check out my Polish cauliflower soup recipe (zupa kalafiorowa).
Tips For Making Polish Cauliflower Soup
Cauliflower Should Be Cooked Al Dente.
Polish cauliflower soup tastes best with crispy cauliflower. That’s why you should add it at the end and let it rest in a hot soup for a few minutes until it’s cooked.
Use Noodles Instead Of Potatoes If You Want.
The soup can be served with noodles instead of potatoes. Cook the noodles separately or throw them into the hot soup and wait for a while until they become soft.
Blend The Soup If You Want.
When you blend the soup, you will get cauliflower cream soup. Serve it solo or with croutons.
Add Garlic And Onion If You Like.
To make the soup richer, you can add the chopped onion and 3 garlic cloves. Cook them with other veggies until soft or fry them with butter first.
Polish Cauliflower Soup Recipe
- 4 potatoes
- ½ celery root
- 2 parsley roots
- 1 carrot
- 12 cups (3l/ 0.8gal) of water
- 1 tbsp of butter
- 1 tbsp of salt
- ½ tbsp of pepper
- 1 cup (200ml) of heavy cream
- a bunch of chopped parsley or dill
- Peel and dice the potatoes, celery root, parsley roots, and carrot.
- Cover the veggies with water, add butter, salt, pepper and cook.
- In the meantime, wash the cauliflower and cut it into florets.
- When the veggies are soft, add the cauliflower florets.
- Turn off the heat and slowly pour the heavy cream, stirring all the time. Make sure the soup is not boiling hot, otherwise the cream will curdle!
- Wait about 10 minutes for the cauliflower to cook in the hot soup. Serve with fresh dill or parsley.
Pin For Later:
Did you like this Polish cauliflower soup recipe? Let us know in the comments below!