With the fruit season on, it’s hard not to bake delicious cakes, tarts, and buns every few days! After my blueberry buns recipe it’s time for something more sophisticated (yet, easy to make)- blueberry tart with custard filling recipe.
Just take a look at the photos below and I am pretty sure your mouth will water. This fresh, tasty, and light cake will make a perfect dessert.
Tips For Making And Baking Blueberry Tart With Custard Filling
Any berries will taste good with this tart.
If you don’t have blueberries, you can use other fresh fruits, including:
- strawberries / wild strawberries
Put jelly or sugar on the top if you like.
Some Polish housewives cover the blueberries with a topping. The most popular is a transparent jelly or powdered sugar.
For me, this blueberry tart tastes best when it’s simple.
Keep it in the fridge.
Even though you may keep the blueberry tart in the room temperature, it’s better to store it in the fridge.
It will make the cake last longer (up to 3-4 days).
Serve it solo or with whipped cream.
Blueberry Tart With Custard Filling Recipe
- 1 cup of flour
- 1 egg
- ¾ cup of butter
- 3 tbsps of sugar
- 4 cups of milk
- 4 egg yolks
- 7 tbsps of potato starch
- 6 tbsps of sugar
- 1 cup of butter
- 2-3 cups of blueberries
How To Make Tart Dough?
- Sift the flour.
- Mix the flour with all the remaining ingredients (egg, cold butter, and sugar).
- Wrap the dough in foil and put it into the fridge for about an hour.
- Smear the tart pan with a thin layer of butter.
- After an hour, preheat an oven to 374°F (190°C).
- Place the dough in the pan (either by sticking the small parts and then putting them together, or roll out the dough and then place it in the tart pan).
- Bake for 15 minutes.
How To Make Custard Filling?
- Pour 3 cups of milk to the pot.
- Add egg yolks, sugar, and whip it together until you will get a smooth, yellow color.
- Pour the remaining cup of milk to the small bowl.
- Add potato starch. Mix until dissolved.
- Place a pot on the stove, cook slowly, stirring all the time.
- When it nearly boils, add milk with potato starch and stir until you will get the consistency of pudding.
- Cool off the pudding.
- When it's cold, add cold butter and mix until you will get a smooth custard.
Final Steps - How To Make The Blueberry Tart With Custard Filling?
- Place the custard filling on the baked dough.
- Cover it with blueberries.
- Bon Appetit!
- Tips for making the custard here.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 444Total Fat: 31gSaturated Fat: 19gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 155mgSodium: 265mgCarbohydrates: 38gFiber: 2gSugar: 21gProtein: 6g
These data are indicative and calculated by Nutritionix
Pin For Later:
Do you like my Blueberry Tart With Custard Filling recipe? Share your thoughts in comments!