This Polish Noodles and Cottage Cheese Recipe called Kluski Z Serem is easy to make, yet delicious! Here’s how to make the best use of farmer’s cheese and pasta for your little one.
Ask any parent in Poland, and they’ll tell you that the macaroni with cheese sweet dish ranks high on the list of Polish kids’ favorite food.
It seems similar to mac and cheese, but this simple Polish pasta and farmer’s cheese recipe can be made either savory or sweet. It’s almost always eaten with a bit of sugar and cinnamon drizzled on top.
Kluski z serem is also the perfect dish for a quick meal when you’re in a hurry! It’s filling and packed with protein from the cheese.
What Is This Polish Noodles And Cottage Cheese Recipe Called?
The Polish Noodles And Cottage Cheese Recipe is also called makaron z serem or kluski z serem. Easy to make and cheap, this Polish sweet dish is loved by children.
Make this dish when you’re feeling sentimental and remembering your childhood in Poland.
How To Make Makaron Z Serem Polish Noodles And Cottage Cheese?
It’s really easy to make makaron z serem using farmer’s cheese. Simply cook the pasta or noodles with water. Drain them and mix with butter. Add the pasta to a bowl. Cover with crumbled farmer’s cheese, sour cream, and sugar. Add cinnamon or chopped fruit if you prefer! It’s really that easy!
Tips For Making About Polish Noodles And Cottage Cheese Recipe
- You can use sugar, cinnamon sugar, vanilla sugar, honey, or sweetener.
- You can add salt instead of sugar to make this dish savory.
- You can fry some breadcrumbs with butter and add to this dish.
- You can also add chopped strawberries, raspberries, or blueberries on top.
- If you want to make pasta yourself, try this recipe for pierogi leniwe.
Important Questions Polish Pasta And farmer’s Cheese – Kluski Z Serem
How To Pronounce Makaron Z Serem?
Makaron z serem is pronounced ma-kah-ron z seh-rehm.
How To Pronounce Kluski Z Serem?
Kluski z serem is pronounced klus-key z seh-rehm.
What Type Of Noodles Or Pasta Should I Use?
You can use any type of pasta or noodles to make kluski z serem. Top choices include fusilli, penne, pappardelle, rotini, macaroni, and others.
What To Add To Makaron Z Serem To Make It Savory?
To make makaron z serem or kluski z serem savory, add salt instead of sugar. You can also add any of the following ingredients:
- Cream cheese and chopped chives or onions
- Pasta sauce and oregano
- Chopped celery
- Boiled eggs, onions, and cheese
- Parmesan and chopped basil
- Cooked mushrooms and parsley
- It also goes well with creamed peas and carrots salad
Is It Possible To Make Makaron Z Serem Vegan?
Yes, you can make kluski z serem or makaran z serem vegan. To do this make these substitutions:
- Replace the butter with good vegan butter
- Replace the sour cream with a vegan sour cream made of almond milk
- Replace the cottage cheese with almond cheese or any other nut cheese
How Long Can I Store Leftover Kluski Z Serem?
Since we add cream to the dish, it’s best to store in the refrigerator and finish it in 2 to 3 days.
Kluski Z Serem Polish Noodles And Cottage Cheese Recipe
- 2 cups of pasta (pappardelle, rotini, penne, any other)
- 7 oz / 200g of farmer's or cottage cheese
- 4 tbsps of sour cream
- 2 tbsps of butter
- 2-4 tbsps of sugar /xylitol/ honey / any other sweetener
- cinnamon (optionally)
- Cook the noodles according to the packet instructions.
- After draining, mix the noodles with butter.
- Place the pasta on the plates (you will get 2-3 portions from this recipe).
- Crumble the cottage/farmer's cheese onto the noodles.
- Cover it with sour cream.
- Sprinkle with sugar/sweetener. You may also add some cinnamon.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 339Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 31mgSodium: 233mgCarbohydrates: 52gFiber: 1gSugar: 32gProtein: 10g
These data are indicative and calculated by Nutritionix
Pin For Later:
Did you like this Polish noodles and cottage cheese recipe? Let us know in the comments below!