This no-bake plum cake with a soft spongy base is perfect for days when you want an easy-to-make dessert. Tangy plums and sweet cream topped with almond flakes taste absolutely luscious!
There are days when you’re in the mood for dessert but don’t want to take the trouble to bake anything. That’s when you can make a delicious no-bake plum cake. It’s also perfect for those hot summer afternoons when you just want a cool dessert to soothe you!
How To Make A No-Bake Plum Cake?
All it takes is some fresh plums, gelatin mix, sugar, almond flakes, and heavy cream.
You can also use a sponge cake or ladyfingers as a base, but this is optional.
If you’re really running short of time, get the readymade graham cracker crumb base and use that.
To start, deseed the plums and cook them till they fall apart completely. This usually takes about 25 to 30 minutes. Once this is done, mix it with the gelatin mix and allow it to cool.
While the plum pudding is cooling, beat the heavy cream and mascarpone together. Then, add this to the pudding mix and beat lightly. You don’t need to add any color or flavor.
Plae the sponge cake or ladyfingers as a layer at the bottom of your cake tin. Pour the plum mixture onto the cake layer and sprinkle with almond flakes.
Now leave it to set in the refrigerator for a few hours. Serve chilled!
Tips To Make A No-Bake Plum Cake
- You can use blueberries or strawberries instead of plums.
- If you have leftover plum pudding, use it as a sauce for ice creams or smoothies.
- If you use a rectangular/square baking pan, you can use sponge cake cookies or ladyfingers.
- You don’t need to add a sponge cake layer- the cake will be ok to eat without it as well.
- If you want to make this cake for a dinner party, you can add it to smaller dessert bowls instead of a baking tin.
- You can make this no-bake dessert a day before a dinner celebration!
- Drizzle with plum sauce or plum jam and whipped cream before serving!
- Alternatively, top with pieces of fresh plums and sprinkle with powdered sugar.
FAQs About No-Bake Plum Cake
What Can I Use Instead Of Gelatin Mix?
If you don’t have gelatin mix, add 6 tbsps of gelatin and as much sugar as you prefer. Make sure you dissolve the gelatin in cold water before use.
How Can I Make This No-Bake Plum Cake Vegan?
If you want to make this dessert vegan, do the following:
- Use 12 tbsps of agar instead of 6 tbsp of gelatin/gelatin mix.
- Use vegan cream instead of regular heavy cream.
- Use vegan cream cheese instead of mascarpone
Which Other Fruits Can I Use In This Cake Recipe?
You can use any fruits you like. This recipe works well with strawberries, cherries, blueberries, mangoes, and other seasonal fruit.
How Do I Store The No-Bake Plum Cake?
Store this no-bake plum cake in the refrigerator for up to 4 or 5 days. Serve cold!
No-Bake Plum Cake Recipe
- 2.2 lbs / 1 kg of plums
- 210g / 7.5oz of strawberry gelatin mix
- ½ cup (125g) of mascarpone
- 2 cups of heavy cream
- 1 round sponge cake layer
- almond flakes
- Bake a sponge cake using half of the ingredients from this recipe or buy a ready sponge cake layer.
- Wash the plums and remove the seeds.
- Throw them into the pot and cook until they completely fall apart. The pudding should have a smooth consistency.
- Add strawberry gelatin mix to the hot plum pudding and mix until it dissolves completely.
- Beat the heavy cream until stiff, then add mascarpone and beat again.
- When the plum pudding has cooled down, mix it with the heavy cream and mascarpone mixture.
- Pour the mixture onto the sponge layer, decorate with almond flakes and refrigerate.
- Serve cold!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Black Plum - Śliwka
- Strawberry jelly mix - Galaretka truskawkowa
- Mascarpone Cheese
- Heavy Cream - Śmietana kremówka
- Sponge Cake Layer - Okrągły biszkopt
- Almonds Flakes - Migdały płatki
- Round Cake Pan - Okrągła blacha tortowa
- Rectangle Baking Pan - Blacha prostokątna na ciasto
- Parchment Paper Roll - Papier do pieczenia
Pin For Later:
Did you like this no-bake plum cake recipe? Let us know in the comments below!