Grated horseradish root may be too spicy for some, that’s why today I want to share my grandma’s Polish horseradish sauce recipe. She makes it for every family celebration.
We eat it just like that- solo, with bread, ham, or sausage. This horseradish sauce is quite mild, so it can be eaten even by kids.
The addition of sour cream and egg take the spiciness out of this Polish horseradish sauce.
Tips For Making Polish Horseradish Sauce
The More Sour Cream and Eggs You Add, The Milder The Taste.
The other thing that you may do to make it less spicy is to put the grated horseradish on the strainer and run under boiling hot water.
Serve It Cold.
This Polish horseradish recipe should be served cold. I don’t recommend heating it up.
Polish Horseradish Sauce Recipe
- 7 oz / 1 cup of grated horseradish
- 2 tbsps of sour cream
- 2 boiled eggs
- salt, pepper
- Use the grated horseradish from the jar, or make a homemade horseradish- use this recipe.
- If you want a milder taste, put the horseradish on the strainer and run under boiling hot water.
- Finely grate the boiled egg.
- Mix it with horseradish, add sour cream, and season with salt and pepper.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 54Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 65mgSodium: 287mgCarbohydrates: 5gFiber: 1gSugar: 4gProtein: 3g
These data are indicative and calculated by Nutritionix
Pin For Later:
Did you like this Polish horseradish sauce recipe? Let us know in the comments below!