What Are Bałabuchy?
My Childhood Memories Of Bałabuchy
Tips For Making Bałabuchy Polish Fried Buns
Serve Them Warm.
Drain Off The Excess Fat Before Serving.
What To Serve Bałabuchy With?
- powidło (plum jam)
- powdered sugar
- any kind of fruit jam
- fresh fruits
Balabuchy – Polish Deep Fried Buns Recipe
- 1oz/30g of fresh yeast
- ½ cup of sugar
- ½ cup of milk
- 4 egg yolks
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- Mix yeast with warm milk.
- In a separate bowl, mix egg yolks, flour, and sugar.
- Add milk with yeast and mix together using a hand.
- Cover the bowl with a clean cloth and leave it in a warm place for the dough to grow (for 1-1,5h).
- When the dough is ready, heat the oil in a pan.
- Start frying your bałabuchy: take 1 heaped tbsp of the dough and place on the hot oil. Fry them on each side until they change the color into brownish.
- After frying, place bałabuchy briefly on a plate lined with paper towels to drain off excess fat.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 300Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 125mgSodium: 19mgCarbohydrates: 52gFiber: 2gSugar: 18gProtein: 9g
These data are indicative and calculated by Nutritionix