Sałatka z białą kiełbasą is a Polish salad made with white sausages. Also consisting of veggies, hard-boiled eggs and a horseradish and mayo sauce, this zingy salad tickles your tastebuds!
Polish Sałatka Z Białą Kiełbasą
When plain eggs and salad get boring on their own, adding biala kielbasa or white sausages to the salad makes all the difference. The traditionally garlicky white sausages add a whole new level to the salad, complementing the spicy and crispy radishes and the creamy eggs.
When it’s made for Easter, this Polish white sausage salad is called Wielkanocna sałatka z białą kiełbasą.
What Other Polish Dishes Are Made With Sausages?
There are many many ways to cook Polish sausages and many Polish dishes made with sausages. Some of these include:
- Kartoflanka soup
- Polish Easter bread
- Spaghetti with sausage and tomato
- Leczo Stew
- Makaron z kielbasa
- Garnek Chłopski
How To Make Polish White Sausage Salad [Sałatka Z Białą Kiełbasą]?
Once the sausage has boiled and cooled, slice it into rounds. Also, peel hard-boiled eggs and cut them and the tomatoes into wedges. Cut onions into half-moons and dice radishes.
Prepare a dressing of grated horseradish, salt, pepper, mayonnaise, and yogurt. Layer the salad ingredients as mentioned in our recipe below and decorate with sprouts or chopped chives.
Tips For Making Appetizing Polish White Sausage Salad
- You can use any kind of sausage to make this salad (not only white sausage).
- To make the salad more attractive, cook parowki sausages (hot dogs) in the koziolki style and add to the sides of the salad bowl.
- Add more salt and pepper if required.
- You can get store-bought horseradish or prepare chrzan at home with this recipe.
- Add honey to the salad if you want it sweet.
- Serve with toasted rye bread or baguettes.
- Sprinkled with chopped chives or capers before serving.
Often Asked Questions About Polish Sałatka Z Białą Kiełbasą
What Can I Use In Place Of The Fresh Salad Mix?
If you don’t want to use a premade salad mix, you can use any of these leaves in different combinations to make it at home.
- mustard greens or turnip greens
You could also add the following if you like:
- endive leaves
- collard greens
What If I Cannot Find Horseradish?
What Else Can I Add To The Salatka Z Biala Kielbasa?
How To Store The Polish White Sausage Salad?
Store the Polish sausage salad in the refrigerator and serve cold. Finish in 1 to 2 days or it will lose its crispiness.
Polish White Sausage Salad Recipe [Sałatka Z Białą Kiełbasą]
- 7-10 oz of the fresh salad mix
- 4 white sausages
- 4 eggs
- 10 radishes
- 2 big tomatoes
- 1 red onion
- 2 tbsps of mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp of grated horseradish
- 1 tsp of yogurt
- salt, pepper
- chives or sprouts to decorate
- If you have fresh sausages, place them in a pot, cover with water, bring to boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Slice the cooled down sausages.
- Hard-boil the eggs, then peel them and cut into wedges.
- Peel and cut an onion into half-moons.
- Wash and cut tomatoes into eighths.
- Wash and dice the radishes.
- Mix mayonnaise with yogurt, grated horseradish, salt, and pepper.
- Layer the salad ingredients in the following order:
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Ground Black Pepper - Pieprz czarny
- Iodized Table Salt - Sól
- Greek Yogurt - Jogurt grecki
- Majonez KIELECKI Mayo No preservatives
- Chives - Szczypiorek
- Red Onion - Czerwona cebula
- Tomatoes - Pomidory
- Chrzan - Polonaise Horseradish
- Horseradish Root - Chrzan korzeń
- Radish Red Organic - Rzodkiewka
- Salad Bag -Sałata
- Eggs Organic Cage-Free
- Smoked Garlic Kielbasa Sausage 3 lbs.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 474Total Fat: 31gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 18gCholesterol: 230mgSodium: 1031mgCarbohydrates: 32gFiber: 11gSugar: 15gProtein: 23g
These data are indicative and calculated by Nutritionix
Pin For Later:
Did you like this sałatka z białą kiełbasą Polish white sausage salad recipe? Let us know in the comments below!