Bułka z rodzynkami or is a yeast-based Polish sweet bread with raisins. Light and fluffy, it’s often eaten for breakfast or as a snack!
All About The Polish Sweet Bread With Raisins Or Bułka Z Rodzynkami
My auntie makes a delicious raisin bread that’s as delicious as the raisin babka. This traditional yeast-based Polish bread is not as rich as the babka, but is just as irresistible, especially as a breakfast bread! Slather some soft butter, jam, or honey on it and you’re in heaven!
Did you know that this bread is also popular in the Netherlands where it’s called krentenbollen and served with butter or cheese! There’s also a famous Danish saying ‘Het Leven Is Geen Krentenbol’ which means ‘Życie to nie jest bułeczka z rodzynkami’ or ‘Life is not a raisin bun’. True, isn’t it?
How To Make Sweet Polish Raisin Bread
While the oven is preheating to 95°F (35°C), melt the butter in warm milk. Add the other ingredients to the butter-milk mixture and knead well.
Oil two bread pans and fill them with the bułka z rodzynkami dough. Cover them with a cloth and allow to rise for an hour in the warm oven.
Once the bread dough has risen, remove the cloths. Change the oven temperature to 392°F (200°C) and bake the sweet Polish raisin bread for 25-30 minutes. This yeast bread tends to get a bit dry, so serve it with butter or jam, and a glass of milk or hot cocoa!
Tips For Making Mouth-Watering Polish Sweet Bread With Raisins
- Replace 2 cups of raisins with 1 cup of raisin if you want the bread to be less sweet.
- You can use any seedless raisins of your choice – golden raisins, dark raisins, red raisins, or a mix of raisins.
- We like to add a lot of raisins, but you can reduce the amount if you like.
- Use vanilla sugar for more flavor.
- You can top the bread with a sugar glaze and candied orange peel.
- Serve yeast bread with butter or jam!
- If you want to make something even more delicious, try the babka drożdżowa z rodzynkami!
FAQs About Making Bułka Z Rodzynkami
What Does Bulka Mean?
Bulka means bread rolls in the Polish language.
What Does Rodzynkami Mean?
Rodzynkami means raisins in Polish.
What To Serve Bulka Z Rodzynkami With?
Do I Have To Make The Raisin Bread In Loaf Tins?
No, you can also make the raisin bread in cake pans of any shape. Alternatively, you can make individual-sized raisin buns using the same recipe and a bun pan. These buns are called buleczki z rodzynkami or buleczki maslane z rodzynkami.
What Other Polish Breads Can I Make?
Other Polish breads that you can try are:
- Murzin – bread with sausage
- Chlebiczek – bread with dried fruits
- Proziaki – soda bread
- sourdough multigrain bread
- sourdough rye bread
- yeast rye bread
- Polish flat bread (podpłomyki)
- spelt flour bread
How To Store Polish Raisin Yeast bread?
You can store the Polish raisin bread in the refrigerator for a 4 to 5 days or in the freezer for 3 months. If served from the refrigerator, it can be served straight away. If serving from the freezer, it’s best to reheat in an oven or microwave before serving.
Polish Sweet Bread With Raisins Recipe [Bułka Z Rodzynkami]
- 6 cups (720g) of all-purpose flour
- 1 cup of milk
- 3 tbsps of dry (instant) yeast
- 1 stick (110g) of butter
- 3 tbsps of sugar
- 3 eggs
- ½ tsp of salt
- 2 cups of raisins
- Preheat the oven to 95°F (35°C).
- Melt butter in warm milk.
- Add the remaining ingredients and knead the dough.
- Oil 2 bread pans using your hand or pastry brush.
- Place the dough into the pans.
- Place the pans into the oven and cover them with a kitchen cloth.
- After 1 hour, remove the cloth and increase the temperature to 392°F (200°C).
- Bake for 25-30 minutes. Allow to cool.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 218Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 30mgSodium: 82mgCarbohydrates: 43gFiber: 2gSugar: 12gProtein: 6g
These data are indicative and calculated by Nutritionix
Pin For Later:
Did you like this bułka z rodzynkami Polish sweet bread with raisins recipe?