I absolutely love the Polish stuffed peppers recipe. It’s simple, quick to make, and healthy. You can make the stuffing from anything you want, however, rice and minced meat are usually the main ingredients. Keep on reading to get my papryka faszerowana recipe.
Tips For Making Polish Stuffed Bell Peppers
Make It Vegan If You Want.
You can either use minced pork, beef, or soya mince. I went for the last option, as I try to reduce the meat in my diet. The taste is just as good!
Serve It With The Garlic Sauce.
Stuffed peppers taste best with Polish garlic sauce (follow the link to get my recipe).
Use Any Bell Pepper You Want.
You can choose red, yellow, orange, or green bell pepper to make your dish.
Add Some Veggies If You Want.
The basic stuffed peppers stuffing contains rice, minced meat, garlic, tomatoes, and onion. You can other veggies, such as:
- zucchini (courgette)
- parsley root
- celery root
You Can Use Fresh Tomatoes Instead Of The Canned.
Remember to peel them first, remove the green parts, and dice them. For this Polish stuffed peppers recipe, you will need about 2 lbs / 1 kg of fresh tomatoes.
Polish Stuffed Peppers Recipe
- 6 big bell peppers
- 1 lb (500g) of minced pork/ minced beef/ soya mince
- 1 cup (200g) of basmati rice
- 1 white onion
- 1 red onion
- 5 garlic cloves
- 1 can of diced tomatoes
- oil, salt, pepper
- Cook the rice until soft.
- Fry the meat/ soya mince until it's cooked.
- Peel and dice the onions and garlic cloves.
- Dice the onions, crush the garlic cloves and fry on oil for about 4 minutes.
- Add diced tomatoes and fry for another 1-2 minutes.
- Mix everything together and season the stuffing with salt and pepper.
- Preheat the oven to 356°F (180°C).
- Wash the bell peppers. Cut a thin slice from the stem end of each bell pepper to remove the top of it. Remove membranes and seeds.
- Stuff the peppers with the stuffing.
- Cover each bell pepper with the stem end.
- Bake for about 40-45 minutes.
- Serve warm with garlic sauce.
Pin For Later:
Did you like this Polish stuffed bell peppers recipe? Let us know in the comments below!