If you don’t know what to do from the rosół leftovers (meat and veggies), you will love this Polish pasztet recipe! It’s quick to make and absolutely delicious.
Of course, you don’t need to cook broth to make this Polish pate. You can prepare it from the scratch and it will be just as good.
I mentioning rosół on purpose. Because it’s one of the most famous Polish dishes and the base for many other soups like pomidorówka, there are many ways to take care of the broth leftovers. My favorite are sałatka jarzynowa and this Polish pasztet.
Tips For Making Polish Pasztet
You Can Either Make It Solid Or Runny.
The breadcrumbs thicken Polish pasztet. The more you add, the more solid the consistency will be.
If you want to eat Polish pate as a sandwich spread, you don’t need to add breadcrumbs at all.
Use It As A Sandwich Spread.
The most popular way of eating Polish pasztet is putting it on the bread. Add some veggies and you will get a delicious sandwich!
Of course, you can also serve it warm for dinner or lunch with some salad on the side.
How To Store Polish Pasztet?
In the fridge for up to a week.
You can also freeze it- keep it in the freezer for not longer than 3 months.
Polish Pasztet Recipe
- 4 chicken leg quarters
- 1 carrot
- 1 parsley root
- ¼ of celery root
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp of salt
- ½ tsp of pepper
- ¼ tsp of nutmeg
- 3 tbsps of breadcrumbs (optional)
- If you are using meat and veggies from the broth skip to the next step. If you are making Polish pasztet from the scratch, peel the veggies and cook them with chicken leg quarters until soft.
- Grind cooked meat and veggies.
- Preheat the oven to 356°F (180°C).
- Crack an egg into a bowl and whisk it using a fork.
- Add whisked egg to the veggie and meat mixture.
- If you want your Polish pasztet to be solid, add 3 tbsps of breadcrumbs.
- Mix everything well and pour into the loaf pan smeared with oil.
- Bake for 50 minutes.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Bread Pan - Keksówka
Nutmeg Ground - Gałka muszkatałowa mielona
Whole Chicken Legs - Ćwiartki kurczaka
Carrot Organic - Marchewka
Root Parsnips Organic - Pasternak
Celery Root Organic - Seler Korzeń
Breadcrumbs - Bułka tarta
Eggs Organic Cage-Free
Rapeseed Oil - Olej Rzepakowy
Iodized Table Salt - Sól
Ground Black Pepper - Pieprz czarny
Pin For Later:
Did you like this Polish pasztet recipe? Let us know in the comments below!