Tips For Making Thin Crepes
Be ready to throw away the first crepe.
For some mysterious reason, the first crepe is usually falling apart. You can either eat it or throw away. The second one should look just fine.
Fry them on the very hot pan.
The pan needs to be really hot. Be sure to add a bit of oil every time you pour the dough.
It’s good to make a dough 30 minutes before frying.
Crepes will taste better if you let the dough sit for about half an hour. It’s not necessary though.
Sparkling water will be better than the still one.
The sparkles will make the dough more delicate, thus nalesniki will be tastier.
Let the dough run down the pan.
If you want to have the perfect, thin crepes, hold the hot and greased pan at a 45° angle. Use a big spoon or the ladle to pour the dough on the top of the pan. Let it run down, moving the pan a bit to make sure it’s all around the surface. See the video below of how I do it:
Oil the pan before frying every crepe.
If there is too much oil on the pan, pour it into the dough in the bowl.
What To Serve Nalesniki With?
Naleśniki taste great solo (it’s actually the only way my hubby has them). However, you may use various things to fill crepes in.
If you want sweet crepes, use:
- whipped cream
- sweet cheese
- any sweet spread
If you want savoury crepes, use:
- cabbage (see my full Polish croquette recipe)
- minced meat
- anything you would put on the sandwich
Authentic Polish Nalesniki Thin Crepes Recipe
- 1 cup of milk
- 3/4 cup of water (preferably sparkling)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup of flour
- a pinch of salt and sugar
- Mix all the ingredients for the dough using mixer or whisk.
- Heat the pan with 3 drops of oil (it should be very hot, for my oven it's volume 7 with 9 being the max).
- Start frying the pancakes, make them as thin and light as possible. Smear the pan with oil every time, or simply pour 3 drops of oil and move the pan a bit.
If the dough is too watery, add more flour. If it's too thick, add some milk or water.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 92Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 49mgSodium: 50mgCarbohydrates: 14gFiber: 0gSugar: 2gProtein: 4g
These data are indicative and calculated by Nutritionix
Pin For Later:
Did you like this thin crepes recipe? Let us know in the comments below!