Have you ever tried the Polish milk soup recipe? If not, you need to check it out! It’s really easy and you can have it done in 5 minutes.
Zupa mleczna can be either served for breakfast or supper.
About Polish Milk Soup
Nowadays, Poles usually buy cereals in grocery stores. However, when I speak with my grandmas, they say that homemade Polish milk soup that is made from scratch was often served at their homes when they were kids.
Zupa mleczna needs to be sweet. That’s why you will need to add sugar to your noodles. If it’s not sweet enough for you, add more sugar straight to the warm milk and mix.
Tips For Making Polish Milk Soup
There Are 3 Ways Of Making Polish Milk Soup.
Dropping Noodles Straight To The Hot Milk.
Traditionally, you are adding drop noodles straight to the hot milk. I don’t like doing it that way, as the soup doesn’t look good. I think it’s much better to make your kluski separately, in boiling hot water, then adding it to the milk (cold or hot).
However, you can simply make the mixture that you can see in my Polish milk soup recipe below, then slowly pour it to the hot milk, stirring all the time. Your zupa mleczna will be ready to eat straight away!
Making Drop Noodles Separately.
If you go the second way, you will need to pour your noodle mixture into the boiling hot water, then add it to the milk.
Making It Pillow Cereal-Like.
Last but not least, my favorite method. Simply fry the pancake, then dice it and add to the cold or hot milk.
Make It Plain Or Chocolate.
If you add cocoa to your drop noodles mixture, you will get the cocoa flavor. You can also make it plain, or add a few drops of your favorite extract, f.e. vanilla extract.
Alternative Way Of Making Polish Milk Soup
Some people in Poland simply cover chałka or any bread roll with warm milk and add some sugar. That’s their recipe for Polish milk soup and it’s delicious as well!
Polish Milk Soup Recipe
- 2 tbsps of all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsps of sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp of cocoa (optional)
- 1½ of milk (cold or hot)
- Beat an egg using a fork.
- Add sugar, flour, cocoa, and mix together until you get a smooth consistency. .
There are 2 ways of making Polish milk soup.
Drop Noodle Style:
- In a pot, bring the water to boil.
- Start pouring the mixture into the water, making swirls over the entire surface of the soup. The slower you pour, the thinner your drop noodles will be.
- Let your drop noodles cook for another 1 minute, then drain them. They are ready to eat with milk!
Pillow Cereal Style:
- Fry the mixture on the hot oil, about 3-4 minutes on each side.
- Dice the pancake. Serve with hot or cold milk.
Pin For Later:
Did you like this Polish milk soup recipe? Let us know in the comments below!