Pieczeń rzymska – meatloaf with boiled eggs is probably one of the best-looking dishes you can have for dinner. The beautiful white and yellow eggs surrounded by the juicy meat are hard to resist!
Polish meatloaf with boiled eggs recipe is really easy. Even though it looks impressive, it doesn’t require any special cooking skills. You just need to mix the basic ingredients and wait for an hour until your pieczeń rzymska is ready to eat!
About Pieczeń Rzymska Meatloaf With Boiled Eggs
Pieczeń rzymska literally means “Roman Meatloaf”. It’s another Polish dish that has a foreign destination in its name. Some of the others are:
- Russian dumplings (pierogi ruskie)
- Breton beans (Polish beans and sausage)
- Polish Greek fish (ryba po grecku)
- Ukrainian borscht (barszcz ukraiński)
- Hungarian hashbrowns (placek po węgiersku)
How To Serve Pieczeń Rzymska Meatloaf With Boiled Eggs?
Warm As A Dinner Meat.
Polish meatloaf with boiled eggs tastes delicious when served warm with mashed potatoes and a salad.
Some of the recommended add-ons for pieczeń rzymska:
- fresh veggies
- red cabbage salad
- mashed potatoes
- ogórki małosolne (3-day pickles)
- ogórki kiszone (dill pickles)
- Chinese cabbage salad
- shredded beets salad
Cold With A Sandwich
You can also have your meatloaf with boiled eggs cold. Eat it solo or put on the sandwich with some of your favorite veggies.
Tips For Making Pieczeń Rzymska Meatloaf With Boiled Eggs
Don’t Get Confused With Eggs.
You will need 5 eggs for this meatloaf with boiled eggs recipe.
4 need to be boiled and 1 needs to be added raw to the ground pork.
Leave The Meatloaf In The Oven For About 10 Minutes After It’s Done.
If you want your pieczeń rzymska to be juicier, leave it in the hot oven for 10-15 minutes after you turn off the heat.
You May Use Mustard Instead Of Bacon.
If you don’t need to put bacon on top of your meatloaf, you may spread it with mustard as well. It will taste just as good.
Cut The Edges Of The Eggs If You Want.
If you want your meatloaf to look better, you may cut the edges of your eggs.
It will make it look good along its entire length, no matter where you cut it.
Polish Meatloaf With Boiled Eggs Recipe (Pieczeń Rzymska)
- 5 eggs
- 1 lb / ½ kg of ground pork
- 5-8 slices of bacon
- 1 kaiser roll
- 1 onion
- 1 garlic clove
- ½ tsp of salt
- ¼ tsp of black pepper powder
- ¼ tsp of ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp of dried marjoram
- Hard-boil and peel 4 eggs.
- Soak the kaiser roll in milk, then squeeze it out.
- Peel and dice an onion, then sweat it on oil.
- Preheat the oven to 356°F (180°C).
- Mix the cold ground pork with kaiser roll, sweated onion, minced garlic clove, and spices.
- Grease bread pan with oil, then sprinkle with breadcrumbs.
- Place the meat onto the bread pan.
- Align the hard-boiled eggs next to each other in the middle of the meatloaf.
- Roll the meat over the eggs, making sure they are completely covered.
- Shake the pan, to make sure that the meat is evenly distributed in the pan.
- Put the bacon slices on top of the meatloaf.
- Bake for an hour. Serve warm or cold.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Eggs Organic Cage-Free
Ground Pork - Mięso mielone
Smoked Bacon - Boczek wędzony
Kaiser rolls - bułki kajzerki
Yellow Conventional - Cebula
Organic Garlic - Czosnek
Nutmeg Ground - Gałka muszkatałowa mielona
Milk - Mleko
Breadcrumbs - Bułka tarta
Rapeseed Oil - Olej Rzepakowy
Iodized Table Salt - Sól
Ground Black Pepper - Pieprz czarny
Bread Pan - Keksówka
Pin For Later:
Did you like this pieczeń rzymska meatloaf with boiled eggs recipe? Let us know in the comments below!