Zupa Z Zielonej Fasolki is a traditional Polish green bean soup that can be prepared in less than 45 minutes. The hearty soup can be enjoyed in a number of ways!
What Is Zupa Z Zielonej Fasolki?
String beans bring back memories of summer and helping babcia to clean and chop the beans for the soup. Easy to make for a quick meal, it was filling yet light.
Zupa Z Zielonej Fasolki is a Polish green bean soup that’s heartwarming and filling at the same time. Made with fresh or frozen green beans, this European vegetarian soup is popular in summer but can be eaten in winter too.
We made this gluten-free green bean soup with leftover rosol stock, but if it’s made with vegetable broth, this soup is vegetarian too!
The Zupa Z Zielonej Fasolki is a real delight!
How To Make Polish Green Bean Soup
Start by cutting the washed leeks into half-moons and frying them with butter.
Cut the green beans into halves or smaller pieces. Dice peeled carrots and potatoes. Add all these veggies including the leek half-moons to the broth and cook till soft.
After turning off the heat, allow the soup to cool for five minutes before slowly stirring in the sour cream.
Season with salt and pepper, and top with chopped parsley before serving.
Tips For Polish Green Bean Soup Recipe
- Use fresh green beans in summer or frozen green beans in winter.
- You can also add diced celeriac to the soup if you like.
- To make the green bean soup spicy, add a bit of mustard to the soup.
- If you want a meaty soup, add some diced and fried bacon, kielbasa, or ham.
- You can add some sweet and spicy paprika to the soup.
- If you want the soup tangier, add 2 spoons of vinegar or dill pickle juice.
- Top with chopped parsley or dill.
- You can also add some sour cream or grated parmesan cheese.
- Serve plain or with toasted bread!
FAQs About Zupa Z Zielonej Fasolki
Is It Possible To Make The Zupa Z Zielonej Fasolki Creamy?
Yes, the Zupa Z Zielonej Fasolki can be made creamy in two different ways. The first is to add an extra cup of heavy cream or sour cream to the soup just before serving. The second is to remove half the veggies from the soup, blend them in the food processor and add them back to the soup.
What Is Green Bean Soup Called In Other Countries?
Green bean soup is called Grüne Bohnensuppe in Germany and Tejfölös Zöldbableves in Hungary. In Luxembourg, it’s called Bou’neshlupp. In Slovakia the soup is called Polievka zo Zelenej Fazule.
It’s also found in Russia, Ukraine, Romania, and other countries.
What Is The Difference Between Zupa Z Zielonej Fasolki And Zupa Fasolowa?
The zupa z zileonej fasolki soup is different from zupa fasolowa because of the beans used. While the first is made with fresh or frozen green beans, the latter is made with white beans.
Are There Any Other Ways To Have Green Bean Soup?
You can prepare the soup with or without cream, with or without root veggies of your choice – carrots, celeriac, onions, potatoes. You can also add uszka dumplings or noodles if you want a more filling meal.
How To Store Zupa Z Zielonej Fasolki?
Store the Zupa Z Zielonej Fasolki in the refrigerator in a covered container. Reheat before serving.
Polish Green Bean Soup Recipe
- 1 gal (3.7l) of broth
- 25 oz (700g) of green beans (fresh, frozen, or canned)
- 6 potatoes
- 1 big carrot
- 1 big leek (the white part)
- 3 tsps of butter
- 1 cup of heavy cream
- Use ready-to-buy broth or cook your own broth using this recipe.
- Wash and cut the leek into half-moons, then fry it with butter for about 5 minutes.
- Peel and dice potatoes and a carrot.
- Wash green beans and cut them in half. If they are very long, you can cut them into smaller chunks.
- Throw all the veggies into the broth and cook until soft (for about 20-30 minutes).
- Turn off the heat, wait for 3-5 minutes and pour the sour cream very slowly, stirring all the time.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve hot with fresh chopped parsley.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 390Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 38mgSodium: 157mgCarbohydrates: 62gFiber: 16gSugar: 18gProtein: 12g
These data are indicative and calculated by Nutritionix
Pin For Later:
Did you like this Polish green bean soup recipe? Let us know in the comments below!