Polish fruit soup is one of the most unique summer dishes to try. It’s so delicious! Like a perfect combination of sweet dessert and yummy dinner that will keep you full.
Making Polish strawberry soup (or any other fruit soup) is pretty similar to cooking kisiel and kompot. It’s really simple and, to be honest, the Polish fruit soup recipe is one of the easiest in the world.
Tips For Making Polish Fruit Soup
Use Any Kind Of Fruit You Want.
You can use any kind of fruit in this Polish fruit soup recipe. I like Polish cherry soup the most, however, you may also use:
- any other fruits
Serve It Warm Or Cold.
I like to have my Polish fruit soup cold with a tablespoon of sour cream. However, you may also eat it cold with pasta only.
What’s The Difference Between Kisiel And Polish Fruit Soup?
The preparation is pretty much the same. The only difference is in the amount of potato starch you are using.
For kisiel, you need more than for Polish fruit soup.
The other difference is that there are usually no fruits left in kisiel, while Polish fruit soup has fruits inside.
Polish Fruit Soup Recipe
- 1 lb / ½ kg of seedless fruits (cherries, strawberries, raspberries, apples, etc.)
- 6 cups of water + ½ cup
- 1-4 tbsps of sweetener (sugar, xylitol, etc.)
- 1 tbsp of potato starch
- 4 tbsps of sour cream
- 2 cups of pasta (before boiling)
- 4 cloves (optionally)
- ¼ tsp of cinnamon or cinnamon stick
- Cover the fruits (fresh or frozen) with water.
- Add cinnamon and cloves if you want them in your fruit soup (they are not obligatory).
- Bring to boil and cook for another 10 minutes.
- Add sweetener and stir (depending on how sweet your fruits are, you will need about 1-4 tablespoons of sweetener).
- Mix potato starch with ½ cup of cold water.
- Pour the mixture into the hot fruit kompot, stirring all the time.
- Cook your pasta following the package directions.
- Serve the soup with cooked pasta and one tablespoon of sour cream per plate.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Black Plum - Śliwka
- Pear Organic Bartlett - Gruszka
- Honeycrisp Apple - Jabłko
- Strawberries Organic - Truskawki
- Cherries Sweet Whole Organic - Czereśnie
- Xylitol Sweetener - Ksylitol
- Sugar - Cukier
- Sour Cream - Śmietana
- Potato Starch (Flour) - Mąka (skrobia) ziemniaczana
- Egg Noodles - Makaron jajeczny do rosołu
- Pasta Mini Farfalle - Makaron kokardki
- Elbows Pasta - Makaron kolanka
- Pasta Rotini - Makaron świderki
- Cinnamon - Cynamon
- Cinnamon Sticks - Cynamon laski
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 217Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 7mgSodium: 15mgCarbohydrates: 44gFiber: 5gSugar: 15gProtein: 5g
These data are indicative and calculated by Nutritionix
Pin For Later:
Did you like this Polish fruit soup recipe? Let us know in the comments below!