The specific flavor of fish and onion combined with soft rice and tomato paste make a perfect spread. I love fish paprikash, especially when served on fresh bread with a slice of tomato.
See also my homemade canned pork recipe.
Tips For Making Fish Paprikash
Use Any Fish You Want.
I usually make fish paprikash from trouts. You can also use smoked mackerel or any other kind of fish. Make sure you remove all the bones from the fish though.
Keep It In The Clean Jars.
Put to the jars as much fish paprikash as possible. Don’t leave any free spaces.
Serve It With Veggies.
Fish paprikash tastes best when served with veggies, such as:
Polish Fish Paprikash Recipe
- 6 trouts/ 2 smoked mackerels/ 20-30 oz of any kind of raw fish
- 1 cup of tomato paste
- 2 big onions
- 1 tsp of black pepper powder
- 2 tsps of salt + 1 tbsp of salt
- 2 tsps of smoked paprika powder
- 1 tsp of sweet pepper powder (sweet paprika)
- ½ tsp of chili pepper
- 1 cup of rice
- ½ cup of oil
- Cover the rice with 2 cups of water and cook until soft.
- If you are using raw fish/trouts, cover them with water, add 1 tbsp of salt and cook until soft.
- When the fish is cooked, debone it.
- Peel the onion, chop it finely and fry in oil.
- Mix all the ingredients together and put your fish paprikash into jars (tightly).
Keep your paprikash in the fridge for up to 5 days.
If you want to keep it longer (for up to 6 months), you need to pasteurize it. Click here to learn how to do it.
Cook the jars for:
- 1,5h one day (24 hours) after making
- 1h two days (48 hours) after making
- 30 minutes three days (72 hours) after making
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Trout Fillet - Filet z pstrąga
Smoked mackerel - Makrela wędzona
Tomato Concentrate (Paste) - Przecier pomidorowy
Yellow Conventional - Cebula
Rice White - Ryż Biały
Paprika - Papryka słodka
Chili Seasoning Mix - Przyprawa chilli
Rapeseed Oil - Olej Rzepakowy
Ground Black Pepper - Pieprz czarny
Iodized Table Salt - Sól
Pin For Later:
Did you like this fish paprikash recipe? Let us know in the comments below!