The Polish egg salad recipe is very easy and fast to make. All you need to have are some hard-boiled eggs, mayo, and chives. This paste can be either served on a sandwich, solo, or as a filling for Polish deviled eggs.
It will literally take a few minutes to have this salad done. I love to prepare this salad in early spring. Fresh chives are in season and the taste of salad is the best then.
And did you know this is a vegetarian and gluten-free salad?
If you are looking for Polish egg salad with potatoes and veggies check out my recipe for–> sałatka jarzynowa.
See also my Polish egg spread recipe.
What To Serve Polish Egg Salad With?
The egg salad tastes great on the bread. Simply spread it on the bun and add some veggies (tomato, cucumber, or more chives)
Try it also with a slice of ham, or even better with sliced pickled cucumber.
Inside The Egg Whites
Another way to serve egg salad is to put it inside the boiled egg whites.
Staffed eggs are a great idea to serve such a dish for Easter Breakfast.
After sprinkling them with more chopped chives you will get a mouthwatering dish!
The egg salad tastes delicious just like that! Add some veggies and you will have a delicious lunch.
Addons To Polish Egg Salad
The egg salad is perfect just by itself, but you can improvise the taste, by adding some extra ingredients.
Try it with:
- pickled cucumber chopped into small cubes, or grated
- sliced ham, cut into small pieces
- chives finely chopped
- cheese of your choice cut into small cubes, or grated
- smoked or cooked fish torn into small pieces (boneless)
Tips For Making Egg Salad
- You need to use hard-boiled eggs. Cook them for 8 to 10 minutes depending on the size of the egg. Once boiled, run cold water over them and then peel them off.
- The basic salad goes with mayonnaise, but you can mix half portion of mayo and half a portion of Greek yogurt for a less caloric dish.
- For a more intense taste mix in a spoonful of mustard.
- You can prepare the salad in the evening and then serve it during breakfast.
Polish Egg Salad Recipe
- 4 hard-boiled eggs
- 3 tbsps of chopped chives
- 2-3 tbsps of mayonnaise
- salt, pepper
- Boil the eggs then peel them.
- Using the fork, smash the eggs until you will get very small pieces.
- Wash and chop the chives.
- Add them to smashed eggs, mix with mayo.
- Season with salt and pepper.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 220Total Fat: 21gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 16gCholesterol: 195mgSodium: 339mgCarbohydrates: 1gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 7g
These data are indicative and calculated by Nutritionix
Pin For Later:
Did you like this Polish egg salad recipe? Let us know in the comments below!