Zupa grzybowa is one of the Polish classic dishes. It can be cooked all year long. You can either make it from fresh, dried mushrooms, or even champignons. Keep on reading to get my Polish mushroom soup recipe.
See also my zupa pieczarkowa (Polish white mushroom soup) recipe.
Tips For Making Polish Mushroom Soup
Make It With Noodles Or Potatoes.
Of course, you can add both. It’s easier to throw the raw noodles or potatoes straight to the soup and cook until soft. However, you can cook them separately.
Use Fresh Or Dried Mushrooms.
It takes a bit longer to make Polish mushroom soup from dried mushrooms, as you need to soak them in water overnight.
Fresh mushrooms need to be diced and fry first.
Sprinkle Polish Mushrooms Soup With Fresh Parsley.
Zupa grzybowa can be sprinkled with fresh, chopped parsley. It will definitely make the soup look even better!
Make It Vegan If You Want.
You can make your Polish mushroom soup vegan! Simply replace butter with oil and use the vegan heavy cream.
Polish Mushroom Soup Recipe
Polish Dried Mushroom Soup Recipe
Easy recipe for zupa grzybowa.
- 2 cups of dried mushrooms
- 3 bay leaves
- 7 allspice berries
- 12 cups of water + to refill
- 1 tbsp of salt
- ¼ tsp of pepper
- 1 big onion
- 1 tbsp of butter
- 2 big potatoes
- 1 big celery root
- 1 small carrot
- 5 oz (150ml) of heavy cream
- [optionally] 1 cup/ 100g of noodles
- Cover the mushrooms, bay leaves, and allspice berries with 12 cups of water. Leave overnight.
- The next day, add more water to get the required 12 cups (dried mushrooms have absorbed some water). Cook.
- Peel and dice the onion. Carmelize it with butter, then add to the soup.
- Cook the soup on the low hear for about 2 hours.
- Peel and dice the potatoes, celery root, and carrot, then throw it onto the soup. Cook until soft.
- If you want to add noodles, throw them into the soup 10 minutes before the end of cooking or cook separately.
- After turning off the soup, wait 3-5 minutes and pour the cream very slowly, stirring all the time.
- Season with salt and pepper if necessary.
You can use fresh mushrooms as well. You need to wash them, dice, and fry them on the pan before cooking.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Polish Dried Mushrooms - Grzyby Suszone
- Bay Leaf - Liść Laurowy
- Allspice Whole - Ziele Angielskie
- Yellow Conventional - Cebula
- Butter Unsalted - Masło
- Potatoes - Ziemniaki
- Celery Root Organic - Seler Korzeń
- Carrot Organic - Marchewka
- Ground Black Pepper - Pieprz czarny
- Iodized Table Salt - Sól
- Egg Noodles - Makaron jajeczny do rosołu
- Stainless Pot - Garnek średni
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 329Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 25mgSodium: 932mgCarbohydrates: 62gFiber: 9gSugar: 4gProtein: 8g
These data are indicative and calculated by Nutritionix
Pin For Later:
Did you like this Polish mushroom soup recipe? Let us know in the comments below!