Zupa grzybowa is one of the Polish classic dishes. It can be cooked all year long. You can either make it from fresh, dried mushrooms, or even champignons. Keep on reading to get my Polish mushroom soup recipe.
Tips For Making Polish Mushroom Soup
Make It With Noodles Or Potatoes.
Of course, you can add both. It’s easier to throw the raw noodles or potatoes straight to the soup and cook until soft. However, you can cook them separately.
Use Fresh Or Dried Mushrooms.
It takes a bit longer to make Polish mushroom soup from dried mushrooms, as you need to soak them in water overnight.
Fresh mushrooms need to be diced and fry first.
Sprinkle Polish Mushrooms Soup With Fresh Parsley.
Zupa grzybowa can be sprinkled with fresh, chopped parsley. It will definitely make the soup look even better!
Make It Vegan If You Want.
You can make your Polish mushroom soup vegan! Simply replace butter with oil and use the vegan heavy cream.
Polish Mushroom Soup Recipe
- 2 cups of dried mushrooms
- 3 bay leaves
- 7 allspice berries
- 12 cups of water + to refill
- 1 tbsp of salt
- ¼ tsp of pepper
- 1 big onion
- 1 tbsp of butter
- 2 big potatoes
- 1 big celery root
- 1 small carrot
- 5 oz (150ml) of heavy cream
- [optionally] 1 cup/ 100g of noodles
- Cover the mushrooms, bay leaves, and allspice berries with 12 cups of water. Leave overnight.
- The next day, add more water to get the required 12 cups (dried mushrooms have absorbed some water). Cook.
- Peel and dice the onion. Carmelize it with butter, then add to the soup.
- Cook the soup on the low hear for about 2 hours.
- Peel and dice the potatoes, celery root, and carrot, then throw it onto the soup. Cook until soft.
- If you want to add noodles, throw them into the soup 10 minutes before the end of cooking or cook separately.
- After turning off the soup, wait 3-5 minutes and pour the cream very slowly, stirring all the time.
- Season with salt and pepper if necessary.
You can use fresh mushrooms as well. You need to wash them, dice, and fry them on the pan before cooking.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Polish Dried Mushrooms - Grzyby Suszone
Bay Leaf - Liść Laurowy
Allspice Whole - Ziele Angielskie
Yellow Conventional - Cebula
Butter Unsalted - Masło
Potatoes - Ziemniaki
Celery Root Organic - Seler Korzeń
Carrot Organic - Marchewka
Ground Black Pepper - Pieprz czarny
Iodized Table Salt - Sól
Egg Noodles - Makaron jajeczny do rosołu
Stainless Pot - Garnek średni
Pin For Later:
Did you like this Polish mushroom soup recipe? Let us know in the comments below!