The raspberry cloud cake or malinowa chmurka recipe is a Polish dessert that’s not known in other cultures. Made with layers of dough, jelly, cream, and an airy egg white layer, it’s a heavenly delight to the eyes and taste!
About The Raspberry Cloud Cake – Malinowa Chmurka
Your spoon digs into the cake and your tastebuds are in for a feast. First the layer of cake, then lush heavy cream, then raspberry jelly, and finally the lightest cloud topped with crusty almond slices.
The name is pretty simple to understand. Malinowa is the Polish word for raspberries, and chmurka means clouds. So together it’s a raspberry cloud cake recipe! The cake is sometimes also called ciasto malinowa chmurka z bezą because of the meringue layer on top. Sometimes it’s also called malinowa chmurka na kruchym spodzie because of the crispy bottom cake layer.
The raspberry cloud cake recipe may take some preparation time, but it’s perfect to wow your guests for dinner parties, or even for celebratory dinners with your loved ones! It’s also the perfect recipe to celebrate the end of summer!
How To Make Malinowa Chmurka (Raspberry Cloud Cake)?
Step I – Prepare The Dough And Bake The Cake
Using your hands or a food processor, mix all the ingredients for the dough. Then wrap it in saran wrap and refrigerate for an hour.
Preheat the oven to 356°F (180°C). Roll out the dough and place it on a pan lined with baking paper. Poke holes all over it with a fork, and bake for about 40 minutes.
Step II – Prepare The Cloud Layer
Beat the egg whites with a pinch of salt, potato starch, and sugar till it’s stiff.
Pour this mixture onto another pre-lined 9×13″ pan, top it with almond flakes and bake for about 50 minutes.
Open the oven a few times during baking to let out the steam and allow the cloud layer to become crispier.
Step III – Prepare The Raspberry Layer
Wash the raspberries and cook them with sugar and water till it boils. After turning off the heat, add the jellies and stir till dissolved. Then allow the mixture cool.
Step IV – Prepare The Heavy Cream Layer
Beat the heavy cream till it stiffens. Add the mascarpone and icing sugar and beat again.
Step V – Assemble The Raspberry Cloud Cake
Assemble the cake in the following order
- raspberry layer
- heavy cream layer
- cloud layer
Place the layered cake in the fridge for a while. Serve the raspberry cloud cake cold.
Tips For Making Raspberry Cloud Cake
- Add a few drops of vanilla essence to the cloud layer and mascarpone layer if you like.
- You can use other brands of jelly, but the Dr. Oetker jelly made in Poland is the best!
- Instead of raspberry jelly, you can use any other flavor of jellies such as mixed jelly or wild strawberry jelly.
- Wait till the cake has chilled for an hour or two before cutting into slices, or it will fall apart.
- The longer you store the cake in the refrigerator, the better it will taste!
- If you are allergic to nuts, skip the sliced almonds and decorate the cake with fresh raspberries.
FAQs About Malinowa Chmurka Raspberry Cloud Cake
How To Pronounce Malinowa Chmurka?
Malinowa chmurka is pronounced mah-lee-no-wah mur-khah.
Do I Have To Cut The Raspberries?
It’s not necessary to cut the raspberries. You can boil them whole. However, if you really want smaller pieces, you can cut them.
What If I Cannot Find Fresh Raspberries?
If you can’t find fresh raspberries, you can use frozen raspberries.
Can I Use Other Fruit In The Malinowa Chmurka Recipe?
Yes, you can make this cake with other fruit too. The name will change to the name of the other fruit you use. For example, truskawkowa chmurka, jagodowa chmurka, etc.
How To Store Malinowa Chmurka Cake?
Store the raspberry cloud cake in the refrigerator for 4 to 5 days and serve cold. Do not freeze!
Malinowa Chmurka Raspberry Cloud Cake Recipe
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 cup of corn flour
- 2 tsps of baking powder
- 5 tbsps of sugar
- 5 egg yolks
- 2 sticks (220g) of cold butter
- 2 lbs (900g) of raspberries
- ½ cup of sugar
- 9 oz of red jello/ jelly mix
Heavy Cream Layer
- 2 cups of heavy cream
- ½ cup of icing sugar
- 9 oz (250g) of mascarpone cheese
- 5 egg whites
- 1 cup of sugar
- 2 tbsps of potato starch
- 2 tbsps of almond flakes
1 - Make The Dough
- Mix all the ingredients for the dough using your hand or food processor. Do it quickly because the dough should be chilled for the entire time. If you have trouble incorporating the butter, chop it with a knife.
- Wrap the dough in plastic and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- After 1 hour, preheat the oven to 356°F (180°C).
- Roll out the dough and place it into a pre-lined 9x13" pan.
- Using a fork, poke the holes all over the dough. Bake for about 40 minutes.
2 - Make The Cloud Layer
- Beat egg whites with a pinch of salt, potato starch, and sugar until stiff.
- Pour the foam onto the pre-lined 9x13" pan, sprinkle with almond flakes and bake in 356°F (180°C) for about 50 minutes.
- Open the oven 3 times during baking to remove the steam. That will make the cloud layer crispier.
3 - Make The Raspberry Layer
- Wash the raspberries then cook them with 4 cups of water, and sugar.
- Bring to boil, and turn off the heat.
- Add jellies and mix until it is dissolved.
- Let the mixture cool.
4 - Make The Heavy Cream Layer
- Beat the chilled heavy cream until it's stiff.
- Add mascarpone, icing sugar, and beat again.
5 - Assemble The Raspberry Cloud Cake
- Assemble the cake in the following order
- raspberry layer
- heavy cream layer
- cloud layer
Place the cake in the fridge. Serve cold.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Organic Red Raspberries, 6 oz
- Corn Flour - Mąka kukurydziana
- Potato Starch (Flour) - Mąka (skrobia) ziemniaczana
- Raspberry jelly mix - Galaretka malinowa
- Wild Strawberry Jelly Mix - Galaretka poziomkowa
- Strawberry jelly mix - Galaretka truskawkowa
- Butter Unsalted - Masło
- Mascarpone Cheese
- Heavy Cream - Śmietana kremówka
- Almonds Flakes - Migdały płatki
- Rectangle Baking Pan - Blacha prostokątna na ciasto
- Eggs Organic Cage-Free
- Powdered Sugar - Cukier puder
- Sugar - Cukier
- All Purpose Flour
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 237Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 62mgSodium: 96mgCarbohydrates: 31gFiber: 1gSugar: 19gProtein: 3g
These data are indicative and calculated by Nutritionix
Pin For Later:
Did you like this malinowa chmurka Polish raspberry cloud cake recipe? Let us know in the comments below!