This leftover fried chicken salad recipe was invented by my mom-in-law. We all loved it so much that it’s not a leftover salad anymore. She now makes it from scratch, every time we are visiting her!
What I love the most about this leftover fried chicken salad is that it’s quick and easy to make. You just need to mix the ingredients that you probably already have in your fridge and make a garlic sauce. That’s it!
Tips For Making Leftover Fried Chicken Salad
You Can Use Any Kind Of Fry Meat You Have.
I sometimes make it with leftover pork chop cutlets (kotlet schabowy). All you need to do is to cut the meat into slices and put it on top of the salad.
Add Other Veggies You Like.
This is the basic leftover fried chicken salad recipe. You can add any other veggies you like including:
- bell peppers
The Salad Taste Best With Soft Boiled Eggs.
If you want to get the yellowish, smooth egg yolks, cook the eggs for 3-4 minutes after the water starts boiling.
Leftover Fried Chicken Salad Recipe
- 14 oz (400g) of fried chicken/ pork chops
- 6 boiled eggs
- 1 big lettuce
- 3 tomatoes
- 3 big cucumbers
- 3 garlic cloves
- 6 tbsps of yogurt
- 6 tbsps of mayonnaise
- salt, pepper
- Boil the eggs, then peel them.
- Mix the mayo, yogurt, crushed garlic cloves to make the sauce. Season with salt and pepper.
- Prepare one big plate or small plates. Place all the ingredients on each plate.
- Cut the lettuce into small pieces and put on the bottom of the plates.
- Dice the tomatoes and put onto the lettuce.
- Peel and dice the cucumbers, then put them onto the tomatoes.
- Pour the salad with garlic sauce.
- Dice the eggs or cut them into quarters.
- Place the leftover fried chicken and cut eggs on top of the salad. Eat fresh!
You can use any kind of lettuce (or salad mix) you want.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 1144Total Fat: 68gSaturated Fat: 18gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 43gCholesterol: 509mgSodium: 551mgCarbohydrates: 19gFiber: 2gSugar: 5gProtein: 109g
Pin For Later:
Did you like this leftover fried chicken salad recipe? Let us know in the comments below!