Have you ever heard of koziołki? It’s one of the best ideas for a quick Polish breakfast. The fried vienna sausage recipe is simple and it literally takes 5 minutes to be done.
Vienna sausages, parówki (pahr-ooph-khi) are the same sausages you can see in hot dogs.
In Poland, they are sold in packages, however, you can also get them in the can.
How To Choose The Perfect Vienna Sausages?
The more meat it contains, the better. In Poland, you can get as much as 95% of meat contains in the vienna sausages. Be sure to check the ingredients before buying.
Tips For Making Koziołki Fried Vienna Sausage
Don’t Cut The Sausages Too Deep.
Fried vienna sausage recipe is really simple, however, you need to cut your sausages right. See the video below to make sure you are doing it correctly.
Serve It With Sauces, Veggies, And Bread.
Koziołki taste best with:
- bread/ rolls
- any other fresh veggies
What’s The Story Behind The Dish?
Parówki- vienna sausages are really popular in Poland. Instead of boiling them, Polish housewives came up with an idea in frying them.
Koziołki literally meand billy goats. Vienna sausages are opening up when frying. The shape of the fried sausage is similar to the goat horns.
Koziołki – Fried Vienna Sausage Recipe
- 6 vienna sausage (parówki)
- ½ cup of oil
- If your vienna sausages are long, cut them in half. They should be about 1.5''/4cm long.
- Pour the oil onto the pan and heat. The oil should be really hot.
- Cut each end of the vienna sausage into fourths.
- Make sure the incision will not be too deep. See the photo.
- Throw the sausages onto the hot oil and fry for a few minutes until they become brownish.
- After frying, place koziołki briefly on a plate lined with paper towels to drain off excess fat.
Pin For Later:
Did you like this koziołki fried vienna sausage recipe? Let us know in the comments below!