Spring is the absolute best time of the year. The Polish soil is giving us its best- fresh veggies and fruits! One of the popular dishes that Polish housewives are cooking in May and June is Young Beet Soup (Barszczyk z Botwink?).
It’s very easy to make, delicious, and healthy! You will need only 5 ingredients to have it done. What’s best, the base of this soup is Rosel (broth), so you may cook 2 totally different Polish soups in one go- rosol z makaronem Und Barszczyk z botwink?.
Health Benefits Of Young Beet Soup
Siehe auch meine Ukrainian-Style Polish Beet Soup Recipe.
Young veggies are healthier than the regular ones. They have more water and more vitamins. That include:
- Vitamin A that is great for your sight and eyes in general
- Vitamin B2 (riboflavin) that boosts the energy level and maintain healthy blood cells
- Vitamin B9 (folic acid) that helps with tissue growth and cell functions
- Vitamin C that boosts the immune system
- Vitamin E, also known as the “vitamin of youth”, that makes you age slower
- Vitamin K that plays a key role in helping the blood clot
- magnesium, copper, potassium, sodium, and iron
As you can see, you should definitely try the young beet soup recipe! This dish is really healthy.
Tips For Cooking Young Beet Soup
Wash The Veggies Carefully
Young veggies are usually dirtier than the old ones. Be sure, to wash them carefully, otherwise, you may get the unpleasant taste of sand and soil in your mouth during eating.
Use Old Veggies If You Have No Choice
Regular potatoes and beets will work just fine for this soup, however, the taste will be a bit different. The soup will be less healthy, too.
What To Serve Barszczyk Z Botwink? With?
Although this young beet greens soup recipe is complete and there is no need to add anything, you may consider these add-ons:
- gehackter Dill
- boiled egg
- gehackten Schnittlauch
- red beans
Young Beet Soup Recipe
Barszczyk Z Botwink? - Young Beet Soup Recipe
Young Beet Soup (Barszczyk z Botwink?) is very easy to make, delicious, and healthy! You will need only 5 ingredients to have it done.
- a bunch of young beet greens
- 2 young potatoes
- 3 Knoblauchzehen
- 1 tbsp of butter or clarified butter
- 4-5 cups of broth (recipe here)
- 1-2 tbsp of vinegar
- Salz Pfeffer
- Wash and chop the beet greens.
- Kartoffeln schälen und würfeln.
- Peel and mince the garlic.
- Fry beet greens, potatoes, and garlic with a bit of butter for 5-10 minutes, medium heat.
- Add broth and cook until the veggies are soft.
- Season with vinegar, salt, and pepper.
If you want the soup to be creamy, you can add the sour cream before serving.
If you don't have young potatoes or beet greens, you can use old potatoes and beets, however, the taste will be a bit different.
Als Amazon-Partner und Mitglied anderer Partnerprogramme verdiene ich an qualifizierten Käufen.
Menge pro Portion: Kalorien: 291Gesamtfett: 10gGesättigte Fettsäuren: 4gTransfett: 0gUngesättigtes Fett: 6gCholesterin: 26mgNatrium: 990mgKohlenhydrate: 32gFaser: 2gZucker: 10gEiweiß: 17g
Diese Daten sind Richtwerte und werden von Nutritionix berechnet
Pin für später:
Did you like this young beet soup recipe? Share your thoughts in the comments below!