Polish chicken in a creamy tomato sauce is easy to make in less than an hour. Kurczak W Sosie Pomidorowym tastes perfect with some toasted bread, pasta, noodles, or baked potatoes!
This diced chicken recipe is very similar to turkey with dill sauce recipe that we make quite often. The trick is to add tomato paste so that it’s tangier and sometimes tastier than turkey in dill sauce!
With hardly any time to prepare it, it’s the perfect quick and easy-to-make dinner when you have friends coming over, or even for a special weekend dinner with the family.
How To Make This Creamy Kurczak W Sosie Pomidorowym?
It’s really simple to make this Polish chicken in creamy tomato sauce. Just chop the chicken into cubes, coat with flour, and fry for some time.
Once the chicken is fried, cook it with tomato sauce, spices, and optionally cream. Top with chopped parsley or basil and serve warm with a side of your choice!
Can You Make Kurczak W Sosie Pomidorowym Creamier Or Richer?
Well, with the flour and the tomato paste, this chicken in tomato sauce is creamy just as is. But if you want it more rich and creamy, you can add a few tablespoons of heavy cream and sour cream.
You could also add a cup of diced mozzarella to the pot while simmering.
What Can I Serve Chicken In Creamy Tomato Sauce With?
Serve this chicken in creamy tomato sauce with any of the following:
- Mashed, boiled, or baked potatoes
- Side dish of Potatoes
- Mizeria Salad or pickled onions
- Kopytka or Kluski slaskie dumplings
- Tortilla or Toasted bread
Tips For Kurczak W Sosie Pomidorowym – Chicken In Creamy Tomato Sauce Recipe
- You can use chicken breasts instead of turkey.
- You can replace the water with chicken broth or turkey broth.
- Garnish with chopped parsley or coriander before serving.
- You can top the chicken with a spoon or cream or butter before serving!
- Or top with some grated mozzarella or parmesan cheese!
- Serve with white rice and mizeria salad!
Frequently Asked Questions About Kurczak W Sosie Pomidorowym
Can I Use Tomato Sauce Instead Of Tomato Paste?
Yes, the flavor should be nearly the same, so it’s easy to directly substitute ketchup, tomato puree, or tomato sauce for tomato paste.
Can I Use Fresh Tomatoes Instead Of Tomato Paste?
Yes, you can use fresh tomatoes instead of tomato paste, but you will need to substitute a whole tomato for every tablespoon of tomato paste. Also, to get the right flavor and consistency, you first need to chop the tomatoes fine, boil with hot water and salt for 15 minutes, and then run through a blender to form a paste.
Can I Make The Kurczak W Sosie Pomidorowym With A Gravy?
Yes, if you want gravy for this Kurczak W Sosie Pomidorowym recipe, add an extra cup or two of water while cooking. You can also add more tomato paste or heavy cream.
Do I Have To Use Chicken Breasts?
No, you can use turkey breast too. Or you can use chicken drumsticks with the same recipe.
Can I Add Other Ingredients To This Chicken Recipe?
You can add some mushrooms to the pot while simmering. Of course, then it will be called kurczaka w sosie pomidorowym z pieczarkami.
If you want, you can also add some veggies. Choose to add some chopped carrots, peas, celery, onions, peppers, or zucchini.
If you want to make this recipe vegetarian, replace the chicken with mushrooms or tofu.
How Long Can I Store The Kurczak W Sosie Pomidorowym?
The Kurczak W Sosie Pomidorowym can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for a week or in the freezer for a few months. Reheat before serving!
Kurczak W Sosie Pomidorowym Chicken In Creamy Tomato Sauce Recipe
- 2 lbs / 1 kg of chicken (or turkey) breast
- 3-5 tbsps of all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsps of clarified butter or oil
- 1 cup of water
- 3 heaped tbsps of tomato paste
- salt, pepper
- Wash the meat, remove the tendons, and dice.
- Coat the diced chicken breast with flour.
- In a big pot, melt the clarified butter, then fry the chicken for about 3-5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add 1 cup of water, then put the lid on the pot.
- Simmer for about 30 minutes.
- Add tomato paste, salt, pepper, and mix. Serve warm.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 205Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 16mgSodium: 156mgCarbohydrates: 25gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 4g
These data are indicative and calculated by Nutritionix
Pin For Later:
Did you like this kurczak w sosie pomidorowym chicken in creamy tomato sauce recipe? Let us know in the comments below!